• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Old player trying to get back into pokemon

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Hello everyone, I am sorta new to this forum but certainly not new to pokemon. I have been playing on and off for the last 20 years or so currently trying to complete the pokedex for let's go eevee only have about 6 more pokemon to go to get the shiny charm. I also have shield where I'm trying to masuda breed a eevee before I start training up a team to try battling competitively again for the first time since platinum, I look forward to trading and battling with people soon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2023
    Welcome back!

I'm in the same boat as you.

I'm 31 years old and haven't played a single Pokémon game since I was 8-9 years old playing Pokémon Red and Blue on my Game Boy and Yellow on my Game Boy color.

I just found my Game Boys and Pokémon games while boxing things up for a move and the nostalgia encouraged me to buy Pokémon Sword & Shield for my Nintendo Switch.

OMG! I have had so much fun! The nostalgia and charm I had long forgotten had me smiling and giggling like a little boy throughout the entire play through of both games (Sword & Shield are almost identical so I basically played the same game twice but I still loved it).

Now I've decided to try to complete the PokeDex for once and I'd like to do some trading so I joined this forum.

I hope getting back into Pokémon brings you the joy it brought to me! :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Thanks for the welcome Blake, the nostalgia is definitely setting in from when I first picked my grokie in shield to when I finally beat Leon and now I'm almost done with the pokedex for let's go eevee just have to get the birds mewtwo and dragonite.

Back