• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Older Cards

Lightey

The Night Owl
Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2016
    I am more into the the Joto and Kanto cards by Wizards of the Coast.

Are you guys? Actually, I only need around 30-40 more to get the first 150.

Years
  • Definitely. I had the complete Base Set, Jungle & Fossil sets until I went crazy & sold them in 04. :(
    But when I have some extra cash, I will be buying two boxes of each set. Might be a while before that happens, I have more important stuff to buy right now.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I don't really have a preference. I just like the TCG in general. I do have more of the older cards, though.

Years
  • hey, i been lookin for scans of some pokemon base cards, i looked around google but all were 300x200 or around.. with 2days scanners u can get amazing pics, i was hopin someone could scan up some of my fav pokemon cards. im only lookin for the cardxs prior to jungle and fossil. some of my favs are psyduck growlith ninetails, GAURADOS, ALAKAZAM, and maybe a blastoise or zaptos. of course i was really hopin for the holos of those. ty

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2020
    I am.
    I love the first 10 sets or the WOTC cards. They're all great. I'm still trying to get them all, with lots to get in the Neo sets and not so much in the earlier sets. I only need rares and a few uncommons from the first 3 sets, after that I need a few more then that in the sets.
    Put simply, I love the old cards.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I've been trying to collect all the Kanto/Johoto cards for some time, so I'm going to have to say yes. I've been looking on eBay and at stores, and I can't seem to find them all.

Lightey

The Night Owl
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2016
    I've been trying to collect all the Kanto/Johoto cards for some time, so I'm going to have to say yes. I've been looking on eBay and at stores, and I can't seem to find them all.

A store around here sells them, but the rare cards are like $20.

Lightey

The Night Owl
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2016
    That is because the old cards are unplayable in the league. So they try to refresh their stock with every new set, not only because of the league requirements, but because they always put out adds for the new sets of Pokemon cards.

They aren't? Aw that stinks.

Well, I better start making a new deck then. :embarrass

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • I have much old pokemon cards... Like those nine Charmanders... And I have six Charmeleon... But I don't have any Charizards :( I have many cards of Base set and others but I didn't have all of cards from Kanto, because I had so many same cards... Like four Machamps...

Maesic

It almost sounds like music..
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2013
    Yeah, the older cards did have a charm to them, though I still do like the newer cards too. xD Did anyone also notice that the holographic effect on the older cards seem... prettier, I guess? I dunno, there's just something about the new holo cards that don't give me that same effect. Maybe it's just me. xD

Back