• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Om3Ga ARS3NAL's Toolbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
  • well,
    A tm list expander
    what it is: Allows you to add more tms (more than the 50 already in game)

A third or fourth gen. tool that creates kurt's custom pokeballs from g/s/c

An intro editor
    what it is: edits the pokemon battle scene in the begining of the game COMPLETELY (You make a intro thing some way and insert it into the rom)

A tool that allows you to make the player jump forward in-game at will by pressing a button
    (pretty pointless, but would be cool to see)

also, did you see my last post here?
    this is what it said

well I have a few ideas for tools:
    1. ability editor.
    reason: there is 1 unused ability, why not make a second pick-up that uses differnt items
    2. strength/weakness editor
    reason: add more types
    3. national pokedex expander
    reason: more working pokemon, although this will be hard cause the game goes through and checks if the pokemon is one of the official 386 and you'd have to dissable that
    4. an item editor that lets you edit everything about the item
    reason: more variety in new items people put in their hacks
    5. ruby/ sapphire national dex patch
    about it: you create a patch that uses a flag, of your choice, to give the national dex in r/s
    6. a tool that makes a patch that allows hackers to give "nick names" to pokemon given in-game
    reason: it's not that important, but some people would like it

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • well,
    A tm list expander
    what it is: Allows you to add more tms (more than the 50 already in game)
    I dont acutaly know how to do this....
    If I were able to find a tutorial of sorts, then I probably could...

poddish said:
    A third or fourth gen. tool that creates kurt's custom pokeballs from g/s/c
    This sort of thing would require ASM to do it, if possible

poddish said:
    An intro editor
    what it is: edits the pokemon battle scene in the begining of the game COMPLETELY (You make a intro thing some way and insert it into the rom)
    Once Again, ASM is needed for this, but you can edit the pokemon in the beginning by editing the images in unLZgba

poddish said:
    A tool that allows you to make the player jump forward in-game at will by pressing a button
    (pretty pointless, but would be cool to see)
    Also, I am pretty sure this could be done with ASM, but I dont know ASM so talk to M_X
    (I doubt he would do it anyways)

poddish said:
    1. ability editor.
    reason: there is 1 unused ability, why not make a second pick-up that uses different items
    I require the Offsets of the abilities, and I dont know how to edit the items picked up by pickup
    poddish said:
    2. strength/weakness editor
    reason: add more types
    I do believe that something like this exists already... Look around the toolbox.
    If not, I think there is a tutorial about this too... get me a link, I'll check it out, and make the tool if I can.
    poddish said:
    3. national pokedex expander
    reason: more working pokemon, although this will be hard cause the game goes through and checks if the pokemon is one of the official 386 and you'd have to dissable that
    Unfortunately, I have no idea how to make this, or add more Pokedex data in general, I have been trying to figure it out for some time now, if ANYONE knows how to add more pages into the pokedex, please tell me!
    poddish said:
    4. an item editor that lets you edit everything about the item
    reason: more variety in new items people put in their hacks
    This is already being made... But if you can get me offsets to the items, I'll work on it!
    Get me the offsets first, and I'll do it for sure.

EDIT: I got the offsets anyways, and am now doinng research on all of the information, it will be better than The^4's Item Editor, but if you need it in the mean tme, look it up in the tool box.
    poddish said:
    5. ruby/ sapphire national dex patch
    about it: you create a patch that uses a flag, of your choice, to give the national dex in r/s
    I also dont know how to do this either... I'll talk to M_X and see what he knows though...
    poddish said:
    6. a tool that makes a patch that allows hackers to give "nick names" to pokemon given in-game
    reason: it's not that important, but some people would like it
    This is possible with scripting. Just use a nicknaming script, they DO exist you know...
    look around the script help thread if you need to know how.

Last edited:

choatix

Choatix
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2022
    make this tool compatible with emerald :)
    Emerald has a lot more move tutors :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2009
    Can you make a text aditor for GBA like A-TEXT becoase A-TEXT does alot of trouble for many people...
    i think its a good idea.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • Can you make a text aditor for GBA like A-TEXT becoase A-TEXT does alot of trouble for many people...
    i think its a good idea.

Well, I dont know how to make a program such as A-Text...
    Besides, if it causes you trouble, dont use it, instead, just add new text, script! It isn't hard, and is a respectable position on any team!
    And also, if you MUST use A-Text, make backups of your ROM before using it, there is ALWAYS a chance of a bug or mishap, so backing up your rom can save you a lot of trouble!

darkmewham2

Cold's catch rate- 100%. D:
    Years
  • I know something you could make! If you want a challenge, you should make a program where you can set pointers for all the images in the intro and their movements. Even the sequence of events of the intro? I think first you should make a release for FR/LG (because I'm using it, lol, and more people are using frlg...). Even though RSE might be easier... x3

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • I know something you could make! If you want a challenge, you should make a program where you can set pointers for all the images in the intro and their movements. Even the sequence of events of the intro? I think first you should make a release for FR/LG (because I'm using it, lol, and more people are using frlg...). Even though RSE might be easier... x3

Well, the only one who would know how to code the animations would be Mastermind_X, and I doubt he would do it... I know how to make simple little effects, like Mosaic blurring... but that is it...
    And besides, I do believe that HackMew might be working on a little something in the future, taht will fix many intro deals...

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • Here a idea for a tool
    XSE script generator
    It would generate easy scripts and would be great tool for new scripters to learn how to make a script

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • Here a idea for a tool
    XSE script generator
    It would generate easy scripts and would be great tool for new scripters to learn how to make a script

Nah, I won't make something like that... If people want to learn to script, they are better off sitting down and reading the guide that comes WITH XSE. It teaches everything you need to move from beginner, to average.

nibbsy7

Head of LG Entertainment
    Years
  • what about a tool for people who arent good at scripting (aka me) which makes it so instead of receiving the pokedex at the start of the game (FR/LG) you receive the NatDEX?

id appreciate it :D, ooh and great work on your tool!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back