• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Once more with Reeling!" Episode Discussion

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Here's where you can discuss the final battle (and evolution) of the season in today's episode, "Once more with Reeling!"

My review to come later.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Overall I thought the episode was pretty good. I was a little disapointed when I learned the contest wasn't an official contest, whats up with that? It would have been so much better. But I did like May's appeal, and that her Combusken [finally] evolved. The ending was suspenseful too...

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I liked it better then the episode that aired before it, I liked the fact that May's once-upon-a-time little Torchic finally made it to Blaziken. That was pretty cool. x3

I was also happy that it was a Contest episode, I love those. :3

Is the next episode the finall Battle Frontier one? Because I'm pretty sure the next on was the one I saw in Japanese awhile back...
    Its kinda shocking how fast they sped through Battle Frontier... x__x

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
    I liked it better then the episode that aired before it, I liked the fact that May's once-upon-a-time little Torchic finally made it to Blaziken. That was pretty cool. x3

I was also happy that it was a Contest episode, I love those. :3

Is the next episode the finall Battle Frontier one? Because I'm pretty sure the next on was the one I saw in Japanese awhile back...
    Its kinda shocking how fast they sped through Battle Frontier... x__x

Yeah, the next one is the final Battle Frontier one. I have no clue when it airs or what it's called, I forgot...

Years
    Another fantastic epsidoe! I saw next weeks preview looks like the Frontier saga is finally ending woot, bring on the new character to replace May! But still iam alittle upset that May is leaving she was more useful then Max really he just got in the way. May had that spiritful charm about her that made me like the Hoenn saga alot but since she's leaving for good I guess the memories will last at least. I heard that the new female character Hikari I think it was is just coming alone so no little brother and all lol, which is good because it will be just like the old days with 3 heroes excluding Misty ( which I miss her ;_;). But yeah I'll miss May and her great contest battles, which makes it sad since without May we wouldn't see Drew and Harly as often. Anyway the show the great! The contest was one of the best since Ash was competing for the first time, he did surprizingly well for his first contest battle probarly from watching May so much. Finally little Torchic evovled into Blaziken! I was wondering when it would but is kind of strange since this the final epsidoe with Blaziken in it alittle bit next week but still Combusken evovled! I was angry that the epsidoe ended without a finish now I have to wait til next weekend ; ;. 1 more epsidoe to go til the end of the Frontier saga!

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Sigh!!! Now I know why I don't watch the undubbed Pokemon episodes. They are just so much as in music wise that is taken out. I mean like the part where Ash and May did their appeal round they played the opening and closing theme song. That was like so cool to hear. Ash got the opening theme and May got her closing theme. It just made the appeals just super coolie but with PUSA did just . Well I guess it would have been better if I didn't saw the undub.

It was nice to see Combusken to evolve but I don't know. To me it was kinda force and just didn't really mean anything. I mean it is coolie but to me when Combusken evolved into Blaziken it just lost all it is personity. I mean Blaziken looks so boring and plain. It just talk but no personity. You know what I mean? Nothing really. No feeling.

It was a good episode but I don't know. Maybe it was the fact that I saw the undub before this one that made it a drag for me. Well still here we go!!!

One more episdoe before the end!!!

Also I got grabs on the next episode discussion thread!!!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Also I got grabs on the next episode discussion thread!!!!

Yes, yes, that was the deal.

And I dunno about the episode...but it was a LOUSY place to stop. Right before the end? Ugh, talk about cliffhangers...for the few of us who didn't already know what was coming ;).

It was fun to watch, though, at least to see a Blaziken in action again. Add to that another failed TR machine and, well...

(as a side note, I think another one of those cross-shippings was created in this episode...*glances at Art_Critic_Cubone*)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2008
    I guess I see now how this show keeps on going. The people watching it are blind with fanboyism.

The battle was stupid. May should have won, and you know it. Pound blocking Blaze Kick for no damage? Solarbeam negating Overheat? What ever happened to Solarbeam needing time to charge? Between this and Pikachu beating a fully healed Regice with one Volt Tackle, I am sick of the ridiculous main character catering. I quit this show.

Back