• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"One Big Happiny Family" Episode Discussion

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I hope no one minds me starting it this week. :\

Anyways, Here, we talk about the hatching of Brock's new Happiny, and Team Rocket's attempt to make money off it.

I will talk about my thoughts later.

Daisuke33

The Ultimate Unreal Hero
    Years
  • I almost overslept and missed this episode! But anyway: We get to see Ash and the gang running bikes! Last time I remember seeing Ash on a bike was WAY back in Season 1 when they had to battle the bridge bike gang, good memories! Brock now has a new baby Pokemon, and a Happiny at that! I wonder when it will evolve into Chansey and Blissey? Maybe after the Sinnoh Saga like Ash's Phanpy did in BF. Does anyone remember Jessie's Gold Heart Pendant? It made a debut in that Johto episode "Ignorance is Blissey!" Lots of refrences from the past seasons in this episode. Happiny is very cute, I think now Brock has a new assistant Breeder in Happiny when it gets older, through I doubt brock will become the next Nurse Joy lol >_>'.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Maybe it's just me, but it seemed like something about the art/animation was different in this episode.. >>;
    One thing I noticed was they threw in new Pokeball/Attack battle animations. That was nice to see... since they're always the same. =_=

I like this episode enough, the whole 'hatching egg' bit always catches my interest.
    The emo Nurse Joy was abit surprising as well.. xD; but it made it interesting.

The Chuckle Squad

We're watchin' you...
    Years
  • Maybe it's just me, but it seemed like something about the art/animation was different in this episode.. >>;
    One thing I noticed was they threw in new Pokeball/Attack battle animations. That was nice to see... since they're always the same. =_=

I like this episode enough, the whole 'hatching egg' bit always catches my interest.
    The emo Nurse Joy was abit surprising as well.. xD; but it made it interesting.
    I've never seen the episode, but how all of you are talking about it, it seems interesting. (gosh, I wish there was some place that they archive all episodes...)

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    All I have to say is "Ha-peeny?" Really coulda sworn the pronounciation was different.

Dyegov

Spider Pig!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    Well, I actually liked this episode. I like the color's palette they used when first saw the PC; all grayish and creepy. I also liked the "emo" nurse Joy, to make a change. The whole hatching egg was good, but it could have had a little bit more of excitement.

Anyway, I like that theory of Brock using Happiny-Chansey to impress Nurses Joy :)

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • It is okies. I wanted to do this episode but it is okies. Teeheehee

OH MY OH MY OH MY!!!!! Where to start. I mean this episode just had lots of coolies parts. I mean I don't know where to just even think about starting. Teeheehee

The best part that really got me was the refrence to a super super past episode of from the Johto Saga!!!! Ignorance is Blissey!!!! I mean that is just super old and it was a fillar episode too so that really amazed me!! I would have never thought about them pulling up this bit of information from such an episode way back when. I am really impress with how they were able to pull this information out.

That was really coolie how that got Jessie to even be like that too. All inspirational about making Happiny fulfill her dreams. Then the Team Rocket Hospital. Teeheehee Super coolies. Also love how Nurse Joy liked their idea of a hospital until
    the Rockets mention the stealing part.

Did anybody notice how Chansey kinda slapped Nurse Joy a bit too much? Su?

Did anybody notice the refrence to the Health Care jokes. Teeheehee Is it a sign? I found that kinda funny and strange but maybe that is just me.

Another great episode!!!! Teeheehee

Dyegov

Spider Pig!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    You're right, Chansey slapped Nurse Joy a lot, but she needed it. It was an Emo Joy, there's not better way to cheer her up :laugh:

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    I find it very pathetic that they would get hot under the collar over Team Rocket. They're not worth spazzing over. I wonder what they would if a real villain showed up. They would probably make a big stink about it for a week.

I miss the good old days where it was about the pokemon and action, much less about the kid-friendly comedy.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I thought this episode is pretty interesting,

I liked how they referenced the Johto filler episode "Ignorance is Blissey". That was a LONG ways back and you got to give them credit for remembering that.

Emo Nurse Joy. That was a surprise. Nurse JOY ? Yeah, This says that not all Nurse Joys are the same.

Chansey slapped Nurse Joy a little too much in this episode.

Team Rocket was also funny in this episode ^.^

Jessie: "With a mind on healthcare, a classy nurse to fatten my purse
    Nurse Joy: "Well I for one think that is a good idea!"
    James: "Then we are going to start a line of Team Rocket Pokemon Centers, specializing in pilfering pokemon and then turn around and sell it for fun and profit!"
    Nurse Joy: "Hold it! I don't think it is a very good Idea anymore!"
    Jessie: "Make up your mind! You're going to make my head explode! *explode*"

LittleMiss

Ghosts are Special
    Years
  • I really like Brock's Happiny, she reminds me of Bamm-Bamm (you know from the Flintstones). See how she lifted Brock in the air, and threw Seviper. She's pretty strong for such a small Pokemon. A really cute episode.

Did you see how Grogunk was playing with that mushroom at the beginning (I guess it likes to stay out anytime Brock is near a Nurse Joy or Jenny), that is one mysterious Pokemon :)

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    I really like Brock's Happiny, she reminds me of Bamm-Bamm (you know from the Flintstones). See how she lifted Brock in the air, and threw Seviper. She's pretty strong for such a small Pokemon. A really cute episode.

Did you see how Grogunk was playing with that mushroom at the beginning (I guess it likes to stay out anytime Brock is near a Nurse Joy or Jenny), that is one mysterious Pokemon :)

Brock really needs to tame that thing. At least this time Brock has the advantage because it's his pokemon.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Loved this episode! Team Rocket were funny

- Haha Dawn can remember her bike but May never remembered her's again
    - With the other eggs they didn't seem to care as much...I mean, they made loads of fuss over this one but didn't care that Phanpy etc. were outside
    - An emo Nurse JOY
    - Was that Jessie wanting to be a nurse thing in another episode? I'm SURE I've seen it before...
    - Can Team Rocket no longer have a conversation without rhyming? :( Its so annoying
    - JAMES'S ROSE!
    - Wobbuffet trying to make Happiny smile was HILARIOUS. I have to get a picture of that
    - An old BGM was used when Jessie was throwing the stones, its a really cute track

Quotes:
    - Jessie: And Meowth double talking are way out of insurance claims
    LOL yay Meowth but she was talking REALLY quickly

- Meowth: Yeah, this is a reality show!
    KNEW IT! Hahahaha. It has been proved. I am not hallucinating.

But what *really* made this episode was...James dodging Cacnea! YAY!

Maybe it's just me, but it seemed like something about the art/animation was different in this episode.. >>;

I noticed too, about the animations and colours and everything. But whoever did made Meowth look ugly :(

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Happiny!
    I pronounced it the wrong way,:(,they said it like this "Happineey"
    i was a bit shocked,but oh well.
    I bet Cacnea was shocked too when James actually dodged Cacnea!
    About Nurse Joy,she was over dramatic! there are still Pokemon in the forest that need her help.For instance,the starly and weedle,they made it so obvious that Nurse Joy would cheer up soon.
    On the egg hatching i knew it would be a happiny,but it still excited me.
    Happiny was so strong!
    It can through a Seviper,even as a new born,through Brock up in the air,and ram right through three pokemon!
    Wow!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Well, big things come in small packages, yes? That seemed to be the theme for this episode, namely the newborn Pokemon, Happiny. Of course, there's all the potential we've got now that Brock can get his hands on a Chansey, but also...Happiny shows off its strength when it tosses Brock into the air. Well, looks like we've got two Pokemon of his to beat him up now (I sense a return of the ear-pulling...). It's taking the baby Pokemon mechanic to a new step, and it'll definitely get used more as the series goes on.

Heh, emo Nurse Joy......*cough* That's all I've got.

I hope no one minds me starting it this week. :\

Anyways, Here, we talk about the hatching of Brock's new Happiny, and Team Rocket's attempt to make money off it.

I will talk about my thoughts later.

Hey, wait a minute......who's this wannabe??

Years
  • I liked how they referenced the Johto filler episode "Ignorance is Blissey". That was a LONG ways back and you got to give them credit for remembering that.

Episode comparison time! And that's the dub equivalent of the flashback? Huh. Dogasu gave the Japanese title and I was confused, actually. Beware of profanity with this one.

https://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/comparisons/diamond_pearl/ep038.html

Some Rocket rewrites, but nothing major. Although, I wish they kept the "Nice try" when Cacnea failed to hug Jimmy. Dies.

Back