• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen One for all or All for one

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I think most people only trained one pokemon 'back in the day.' (I just had to ay that =D)
    Anyway, I remember I had like a Level 100 Charizard and nothing else XD
    Now, on my diamond and some others (but I can only remember my Diamond team) my team is balanced with a Roserade, Empoleon, Rapidash...ummmm...Staraptor, Luxray and...oh yeah, Alakazam! =D

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    I used to play with one overpowered pokémon when I was younger.
    But that just got boring after a while, so by the time I reached G/S/C, I was raising full teams of Pokémon. Also, every pokémon in my team HAS to be the same level..

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    It was hard for me to train evenly. But I always made it through:D

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Sometimes I did one and sometimes I did all, it all depended on the Pokemon I caught early on. I f they were able toi survive and get huge EXP fast, then i would give some effort to them.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I trained all of my party pokemon. Not every single one i ever caught. But of corse i always had a favorite that i would use more than others.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    I raise entire teams of 6. Always have. Granted, there is usually one I favor. (like in XD: GoD; I favor my Ampharos) But, when one gains a level- I've always switched them up and trained another. And, I go back and fourth doing that.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    I didn't have my own pokemon game until Gold came out, and then I think I had a pretty balanced team level wise, I think my first run through was with Feraligatr and Ampharos being 2 of my guys, it's been several years now so I can't recall.

darkmewham2

Cold's catch rate- 100%. D:
    Years
    At first I used to train only my starter. Then I trained all of my team to the exact same level. Next, I began training boxes of Pokemon at a time trying to get them to the same level, catching every species I can find, but dumping the Pokemon who don't work for me. :) (Then I do some further research on the Pokemon and see if it can be used in competitive battling!)

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Well, I favor one Pokémon out of all of my Pokémon and usually keep them a few levels ahead (about 3. . >.> OCD makes it happen. XD). However, I always give them all the same amount of Protein/Carbos/et cetera when raising a specific stat.

Adding to that, I always keep just 6-15 on a high level instead of all of them, and those Pokémon are the ones I need to take with me to use Cut, Surf, Rock Smash, and the like. They're also the ones that can help me majorly in Gyms.

In conclusion, I'm not very fair to three out of four quarters of my Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    well now i have kinda equal (8 lvl 100s) but my first team had 3 good ones and rest were bad

Years
    When I first played pokemon I always had a full team of six because I was so excited to train all of the pokemon. I always had a favorite who I used the most and was clearly the strongest (usually the starter) but the rest were pretty equal.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Usually, my starter gets priority, but then a legendary comes along and takes the spot of fame. But now, I level up all my party Pokemon equally.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    Back in the day when I was playing red, my Charizard was like lvl 70 while all the others in my party were either HM slaves or just there to fill up a slot. Up until I gave them all 100 rare candies anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    When I first played Red, I only trained my Blastoise. I caught a few other Pokemon, but my friends and I were very into speeding through the game, and using Blastoise always seemed to work best.

I did the same thing on my second Red file. I actually stumbled across it awhile ago and found that my only decent Pokemon was my Blastoise, so I decided to train a team on it.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Although my Feraligater in Silver was way more powerful, i lvled all my Pokemon equally, the same goes for my Typhlosion and the rest of my Pokemon in Crystal

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
    I genreraly have one pokemon thjats about 10/15 levels higher than the rest but i try and keep all of my team in the same level band

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    My first playthrough of any of the Official game always leads to me leveling my starter up WAAAAY more than the rest of my pokemon. Usually the second playthrough or so will lead to leveling a team of them though.

Agent Cobalt

Proud U.S. Army Soldier
    Years
    One time I traded a Charizard into my red version and by Misty it was so strong it wouldn't obey me. Never did that agin.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    I've always been a person who raises the whole party evenly ^^ I guess I found it more fun that way :D

Back