• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] One of my many fakemon designs I did

Years
Anubis and Anput Line

852E6C68-C202-4BC4-A6E9-CEA53D6FCC42.jpeg
2A7C72A6-14E1-4D7F-A209-4EF8C4129B9A.jpeg
D2A34B2D-2647-4FC1-98EB-654E6707F486.jpeg
446D1D43-0F5B-4B92-8525-A8B519205601.jpeg

Behold the Anubis and Anout Evo lines

Papryowl (comes from papyrus,howl and yowl)

Statubis (comes from Statue and Anubis)

Mummimut (Comes from Mummification,Anput and Mutt)

Ankead (comes from Ankh and dead or undead even)

Years
MINOTAUR POKEMON INCOMING!!

FE8184DD-6A83-421D-B100-D4FEF02CCF0B.jpeg

Wrathaur (Wrath + Minotaur)

The Labyrinth Guard Pokémon

Fighting/Steel type

It evolves from Tauros with an old battle axe item and knowing brutal swing if it can - has to be male tho.

Last edited:
Years
Kelpie Pokémon Redesign

7B4CE2EE-1179-4755-8CFB-46495AC1B392.jpeg

I love the new design I did for this so much - It's Grass/Water type but possibly knows dark type moves also maybe?

I went for something that looks to what it is supposed to look like in the folklore but added a more sort of grassy vibe whilst making it spooky in a sense. It has the power to like manipulate locks and creates small pools of water around its mossy coloured hooves.

I don't have a name for it yet so yeah!

Years
Kelpony - Kelpie Pokémon finished

2D7A25E6-9256-46F7-B272-6C22C5B3954E.jpeg

Tada!! i finished the Kelpie Pokémon

I sort of imagine this Pokémon to be timid and not trying to make a mess as its hooves leave pools of water in it's trails or path.

Water/Grass type though knows some ghost and dark moves if possible.

Years
Manananggal Pokémon Design WIP - Outline

A1E76D14-EE24-4213-914D-FC256FA75D3E.jpeg

I'm actually really happy with this design - haven't picked out the colours yet but yeah,what do you think of this design as i took elements of mostly Mega Banette,Haterrene,Gardevoir,Lunala,Noivern,Zoroark and Haunter (mostly the tongue part for that)

Typing maybe could be Ghost/Dark or Pure Dark type.

Years
Manananggal Pokémon Design - Complete

74595162-E772-4000-A6D6-FB0DD1C6652B.jpeg

I'm so sorry bout the shading on this - I'm not used to the pokemon style of colouring as of currently - mostly the shading!!

Deciding for it to be Pure Dark type rather than dark/ghost

Anyone got tips for the shading and maybe name suggestions??

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
cool design! do you have more information on what your inspirations were for it? that'd help a lot with coming up with a name

for shading tips, there's 3 different "styles" that pokemon has done, so id take your pick from the following and decide from there:

1. Gen 1 & 2's style is watercolor, done by sugimori himself.
2. Gens 3 - 5, (and a little bit of 6), uses a shading style that is a bit more messy, but solidifies the philosophies for the modern artstyle. contrary to popular belief, a majority is done by sugimori, but gens 5 and 6 have some pokemon that were not rendered by him. gen 6 in particular is when the style is starting to shift into #3's artstyle.
3. Gens 6+ use a shading style that is much simpler, usually only having just 1 or 2 shading colors compared to #2. This is the much more evident in much recent gens like 7 and 8.

Based on your art, you seem to be going for either #2 or #3. In that case, I would suggest making sure the shading is much more distinct than the base color. You can do this by making the shading color much darker, and avoid "blending" the base and shade colors too much, otherwise it creates a gradient effect instead of a cel-shaded style that the modern artstyles use. what i personally like to do is apply the shading in another layer, and then go over the edges of the shading with an eraser at 50% opacity. that way you can create a "banded" shading region that matches more with #3's artstyle. for an example, here's a zoomed in pic of what i mean by banded shading:

Yonw0zM.png

you can see how distinct the non-shaded and shaded parts are, with a small "band" of color that's sort of a mix between the two

Years
Well it's mostly the Mananangall Though i did use a lot of Pokémon design inspiration such as like Haunter,Hatrenne,Gardevoir,Zoroark,Mismagius,Lunala,Mega Banette,Swoobat and Noivern though i guess skeletons would count as inspiration too considering the colouration of the head and neck

Thanks for the info on the shading tips honestly didn't realise each one was so different from each other but follows a similar style!!
That and the tip - I might try that technique!!

Years
WIP Purgotian Grimer based on Monster Blood

BD18B2EC-FA61-44E7-B7B8-EC715466B7BB.png

I'm still trying to get the shading down before I can give it a typing so ya know hopefully this will look good!!

Years
Not really - it's more like the Devourer of egyptian myth where he devoured the wicked and was said the head of a crocodile,torso of a lion and and the legs/butt of a hippo!

Had to change colours from his original which i used heiroglyph picture colours

Back