• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen One Thing Fire Red and Leaf Green Should have Kept From Ruby and Sapphire

Lucifer.

Custom'D
Years
  • Netbattle is a program that allows you to have Pokemon fights over the internet. It's pretty good if you're a hardcore battler, but I prefer to just stick to the games. I sometimes venture on to get my a55 kicked by the elites there though. All in the name of fun. ^o)

Years
  • oh yeh i know that netbattle, but i thot u ment it was gonna be something with fr/lg...but any ways , with net battle do u actually see ur guys like the game, or is it just like a chat?

PokeReaper

Pokemon #500
    Years
  • I agree too.

Demotruk said:
    thereby making them more valuable to FR/LG players, making item trading more useful.
    I never thought about not being able to grow berries in FR/LG like that before.
    Now the only question is this:
    CAN you trade berries that didn't exist in the original games to FR/LG from R/S ?
    You SHOULD be able to.

Nintendo's President is the video game industry's version of Vince McMahon.
    Just look at how they keep successfully exploiting the Pok?mon series.
    I hate Nintendo.

Think about it.
    Red & Blue are the exact same game.-- They just have like 11 exclusive pok?mon each forcing you to trade to get all of them, but when you don't have any friends to trade with you have to cheat or buy BOTH games just to catch all of them.
    The same goes for Gold & Silver.
    Yellow was slightly different from R/B, but kids only bought it so they could have "ASH'S PIKACHU".
    Crystal was slightly different from G/S, but I only bought it because they said they were going to leave in the ability to catch the genuine CELEBI.
    They did that, but you have to use 3 GS codes to do so.

I HATE NINTENDO !
    They're geniuses, but they're EVIL, LYING geniuses !

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • They should rid of this "national pokedex" thingy. I mean Ruby and Sapphire was different because there was no way to obtain the older pokemon, but This is just ridiculous.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2004
    Meh... Deoxis probably wiil be in the game, and even if hes not, not much love lost between us, he wasnt that good, many legendaries arent... It should have had totally NEW pokeomon though... Deoxis not included...

demonstrife

I am me. That is it.
    Years
  • Lucifer said:
    Netbattle is a program that allows you to have Pokemon fights over the internet. It's pretty good if you're a hardcore battler, but I prefer to just stick to the games. I sometimes venture on to get my a55 kicked by the elites there though. All in the name of fun. ^o)
    Netbattle? How do do that? Can it be done with a cart and a GBASP?

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • demonstrife said:
    Netbattle? How do do that? Can it be done with a cart and a GBASP?

It has nothing to do with your GBA game. Read the sticky thread in Strategies & Movesets.

Oh yeah and I'm pretty sure all the old TMs aren't in FR/LG. Whirlwind? Water Gun? Etc.

Carlito-san

Wooo! I'm from South Park!
    Years
  • They should have cept the specility bikes i liked zooming to mauville or bouncing around do they have fifty move tutors if there is not then all good tm hope is lost : ( ( goes and cries in a circular rooms corner)

Jari

Kyogredude
    Years
  • Netbattle is like MSN: You download it and battles and talk via Internet.
    May I give the link?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I miss... the bike choice. And the weather, it was fun when it rained. And... I am still mad that there is still no night and day. Why would they take it out!? ROAR! I am kind of glad that they take the 'grand-prize Pokemon' out of the American games because I get the Japanese ones so I can brag :P
    Just get the Japanese ones. But learn the language first :P

Jari

Kyogredude
    Years
  • The bike choice,weather and day/night too.

Also the part of the Trainers Eyes where you can see how many battles you had.Trainers Eyes is taken out because of the Battle Seeker.

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • Day/Night wasn't in R/S. I miss it from G/S/C though. Waiting 'til nightfall for the likes of Houndour and Murkrow to appear was cool, and having Eevee evolve depending on the time of day.

Secret Bases are pointless. And contests.

demonstrife

I am me. That is it.
    Years
  • Me, I say that something from Emerald should be in it. Animations. That is what I want. Oh, and it should be in 3D, with a real time battle system. But, Nintendo won't change there tried and true formula... *BOO!!* oh well. Just play it like it is people. And hope that Nintendo says yes to online gaming.

Back