• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Online/Offline Notifications

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Ok this dosent sound very forum like, or even if its possible..
    but what does eveyone think of a lil notification bar to the bottom right or left or something. that says
    ________ is now online
    ________ just logged off

or yea.

itll be interesting, and maybe helpfull to some.
    (because browing through friends and scouranging the whos onlinel ist loking for friends is annoying depending.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    o_O PC isn't MSN. Nor is it Facebook. You could just check your friends list, or who's online, or PC's index, as you said. It really isn't that hard.

countryemo

Years
    o_O PC isn't MSN. Nor is it Facebook. You could just check your friends list, or who's online, or PC's index, as you said. It really isn't that hard.

Ewwww msn. facebook dosent do that, but ew to it to xD
    we should be able to like have "favorites" for like you most talks friends in your friends list or something though.

I never said it was hard. just sometimes annoying. but hey sometimes im lazy, big suprise.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    We have something like this at the moment, though not as interactive. It's your contacts pop-up which is under Quick Links on the little bar on top of the forums. Though I've seen this on other forums, I always thought it was a little silly as it seemed too much like instant messaging as opposed to a forum. You can always leave someone a VM in hope that they'll reply when they come on thus meaning you'll have a notification when they do. Alas I'll reiterate that this is a forum and not an instant messaging system, though not a bad idea I'm not sure how well it would go down, it would almost give the illusion that PC has a way to chat with people as you browse the forums. However if you do like to chat and make friends and you find having to wait on your contacts to sign in, may I recommend going to PC's javachat which always has someone online, though it may not be bustling in activity 24/7 it does have people chatting most of the time.

Not shooting your idea down completely, I just don't see how it could benefit really, seems somewhat redundant with all the facilities you have at hand, such as the contacts pop-up etc.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    Yeah I would like to add that in the contacts pop-up thingamajing we should be able to click on the usernames that take us directly to their profiles. It's much easier for VMing, and the contacts pop-up thingamajing only has the option to PM a person directly.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    Well there are some people that you talk more to. Others are in your list so that you can stalk them if their profile privacy is on.

Mythology

Legenday Thief Girl
    Years
    There's already the cool contact pop-up and the friend list as everyone who posted here earlier said. So, why would we need something like this when something similiar to this already exsist here oO;

Last edited:

countryemo

Years
    ok i know about the contact pop up option now, i dident when i made this thread =P

i still this "most talkes to" "favorites" or something. "catergoirs" (bad spell, i know.)
    is a good idea, as this happens to other people too. Me, I have about 30 friends who i dont talk to allot, or are inactive/quit. (ok pop up still solves this problem. but eh =P)

Back