• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Online Team....

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Hi, I'm new to these forums, so if this is in the wrong section I'm sorry in advance.

But this is the first game that I'm planning on going online with. I can say that I'm good with Pokemon games, but I don't know what the online play is like, I've watched several videos of wifi battling, but I still don't understand how come some people have very different teams. I'd like to know if my team is good for online competitions or if it needs work, move swaps, or party swaps. So any advice would be great and I'm thanking everyone in advance.

I've beaten the Elite Four and I'm currently training my team up, this is what its looking like so far. All of my Pokemon are in the low 70's to high 70's levels except for my Gengar, which is level 90.

Gengar (lvl 90)
    -Psychic
    -Thunderbolt
    -Shadow Ball
    -Energy Ball

I was looking around earlier on other forums and seen people recommending Energy Ball. I had Sludge Bomb on there before Energy Ball.

Dragonite (lvl 74)
    -Dragon Dance
    -Dragon Claw
    -Draco Metor
    -Thunderbolt

Charizard (lvl 73)
    -Flamethrower
    -Dragon Claw
    -Fly
    -Earthquake

Metagross (lvl 76)
    -Psychic
    -Meteor Mash
    -Earthquake
    -Toxic/Sludge Bomb (not sure on a good forth move, any suggestions?)

Tauros (lvl 71)
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Giga Impact
    -Zen Headbutt
    (I'm currently in the process of remaking his move set, but i cannot decide on a good one, any help?)

For a 6th Pokemon, I have 3 Pokes that I can pick from. I'd like a good water type, but I don't have any good ones to use....sigh. I have my Samurott, but I don't like him all that much, I also have a Donphan, and a Tyranitar. Heres there info.

Tyranitar (lvl 83)
    -Crunch
    -Dark pulse
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge

Donphan (lvl 72)
    -Earthquake
    -Giga Impact
    -Stone Edge
    -Toxic

This if my first game where i used a Donphan, so I don't know any good moves for him. Help for him would be great.

Also any suggestions for a different 6th Poke would be great, a water type is something that i feel i need. I was thinking a Polirath? Maybe?

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2012
    I have a suggestion

Your Charzard has all those move but they learn a move in black and white called Inferno which has a power of 100 and a 100% chance of burning the target, but it only has 5 PP ( which could be increased with PP ups)
    I taught my Charzard it and it works amazingly.

Neizue

B&W Completer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    Your Pokemon check out moveset and type wise. I suggest some in depth training with atleast one of your Pokemon. EV training will help you a great deal if your going competitive.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Moving this over to the in-game forum since this doesn't appear to be a competitive team.

Back