• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Ononokusu is not a mantis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Ononokusu is not a Mantis! He doesn't even remotely resemble a mantis! I don't know why tons of people and even Serebii think so.

Ononokusu is not a mantis!
    Ononokusu is not a mantis!

They look nothing alike!

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    yeah. agreed.
    but did you really have to make a thread ranting about it? idk
    but he does look like a bug dragon type to me.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Maybe it could be a Fighting/Dragon type that some people wanted before... I don't see the mantis at all either I think it is a Dragon with an axe on its head.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Of course it isn't a mantis. It's a Pokémon.

Pikachu is called the "Mouse Pokémon." Does it look like a mouse? No, it looks like a Pikachu.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years

Pikachu is called the "Mouse Pokémon." Does it look like a mouse? No, it looks like a Pikachu.

you sir have just summed up everything i wanted to say to people who have problems the way pokemon look.
    thank you for finding the words that i couldn't!

Bamboo Basara

Pokemon Historian
    Years

Exactly!
    I can't stand when people say "I can't even tell what it is!" It's obvious what it is, it's a Pokemon!

tangvor

Pokemon FTW
    Years
    Well it kind of sorta in a way does
    But as the other person said pokemon are pokemon.

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
    who honestly cares what it's based on?..
    i just LIKE it >=O
    but i sense a Front Row Seat for the Over-Used Community for it =\

pichuspark

looooooooooooooool :3
    Years
    Thank you!! Dragon-Axe is NOT a mantis! Although it looks Rock/Dragon or Bug/Dragon to me...or Bug/Steel if Game Freak wants to toy with the community :/

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    HONESTLY!
    Are you serious?

I mean, IT IS THE MANTIS-LIKE POKEMON.
    IT IS MANTIS. DUHHHH.

(Sooooorryyyyy if I was harsh, but it IS....)

That isnt official. Mantis isnt in his name. Serebii just had bad vision and called it a Mantis even though it shares NO features with a Mantis.

Years
    Honestly based on the blurry sprite from a video I can't really tell what it looks like.

Or at least not enough to assess whether it looks like a mantis or a dinosaur. :/

I'mma wait for muh Sugimori artz.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    The shape of its head, and its stance do resemble the mantis. Well before you get all up in my grill, to ME it does. Idk why I see a resemblance, but other than that they look nothing alike. Some people call it a mantis, well maybe they have reasoning too. Some pokemon look nothing like the animals they're based off of, and we can't say it is or isn't a mantis until we have more info on it.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    HONESTLY!
    Are you serious?

I mean, IT IS THE MANTIS-LIKE POKEMON.
    IT IS MANTIS. DUHHHH.

(Sooooorryyyyy if I was harsh, but it IS....)

Scyther is The Mantis Pokemon they wouldn't make another one lol they only do that with like fish and stuff

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Scyther is The Mantis Pokemon they wouldn't make another one lol they only do that with like fish and stuff
    So just b/c we already have a mantis pokemon that means there shouldn't be anymore? The reason that there are diff. fish is because there are soo many species of fish on Earth to render them after.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    So just b/c we already have a mantis pokemon that means there shouldn't be anymore? The reason that there are diff. fish is because there are soo many species of fish on Earth to render them after.

Thats exactly what I said... They usually don't repeat... Thanks for repeating me and everything :) I'm saying its not likely a mantis because of Scyther being the Mantis and because it looks nothing like a mantis...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back