• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

opera music

Carter

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    certainly a genre i am not well conversant with, but i guess starting a topic about it won't hurt. i can admit i am not interested in listening to the music, though.

do you hear opera music? do you feel that it is somehow disregarded by the majority or it has its audience and appreciators? share with us some of your favorite artists, composers, operas, etc..

i predict this thread would die in a matter of hours unless we have a hidden storage of opera-lovers.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well, it would benefit the thread topic if the OP was enthusiastic about it, haha. I don't really listen to it, but I think only the most incredible voices belong to opera singers. The passion they put into their music is admirable, and it's gorgeous as well, even if it's in another language majority of the time. But I love songs in foreign languages anyway.

Years
  • I don't enjoy opera music so I don't listen to it often (the only time being when it's in the boss music for a game haha). From the opera singers I've either met or seen on television interviews, they seem to have a somewhat superficial approach to performing music and sing very regimentally as opposed to with passion. Of course, there are exceptions, Pavarotti and I'm sure a few other talented singers, but most of the time opera sounds soulless to me. When I do hear one of those passionate opera singers it's more that I just don't like the music itself.

Actually, scratch that. I haven't heard opera in a long while and while writing this post I looked up Pavarotti on Youtube. This is actually really nice stuff, a little moving, even. I stand by what I said about the bland opera singers, but some opera artists are really nice. This is one of the songs that changed my mind, if anybody was interested.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'd like to get interested in opera, but it's quite an intimidating medium to start immersing oneself into. There was a production called 'The Anna Nicole Smith Opera' that was first performed a few miles from my house, but the immense publicity meant that tickets were either 1) too hard to get and 2) way out of my price range. And now I've just read it was broadcast on TV in March... which, THANKS FOR TELLING ME, BBC?! I guess because it's in English and about a recent celebrity, it would be fairly accessible as opposed to, say, Carmen or something, I'm more disappointed in missing it. Oh well...

Years
  • It's an acquired taste that's for sure. I can appreciate the talent and passion behind it and I definitely give it more credit than some of today's "artists." I just wouldn't really listen to it on my own time unless I really sat down to give it a chance.

Back