• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Opinion about each Region

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
  • I know there's a say something Positive and Favourite Generation threads, but this one is different. I want to know your personal opinion about each Region on it's own, so no joining Johto to Kanto. SO say something you like, something you don't, and any another comment about the Region if you have one. I'm talking about the 4 four regions in each Generation, so Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh.

So, let me begin:
    Kanto -
    -
    Johto -
    Small, simple, made use of it's space.
    Did not like the Pokemon, especially the ones at the start, and the starters. You'd have to wait to get it's best Pokemon, Skaramory and Heracross.

Hoenn -
    Tropical, big, creative, nice Pokemon.
    Too much water! ~~\o/~~

Sinnoh -
    Had a bit of everything, great Pokemon, nice story.
    Unnecesary empty space, lacked feeling, I was too alone in that big place.

That is all :) So what's your opinions?

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • Kanto -
    - It felt really nice. xD
    - Im bored exploring it. :(
    Johto -
    - Nice looking cities and awesome male character.
    - Underleveledness.

Hoenn -
    - Nice looking pokemon.
    - I didnt like Wallace AT ALL

Sinnoh -
    - Great Pokemon designs, epic story.
    - It just feels insanely weird.

Thats all for me. xD

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • Kanto - nostalgia ! ..nice story and towns..but i'm just too bored of it now..
    Johto - nice region..good caves but lacks gud pokemon..A-W-E-S-O-M-E music
    hoenn - EPIC !...the best region so far ....nice pokemons too...Loved it
    sinnoh - nice big land...i liked the variations in climate...getting shinx early in the game was awesome ...starters were amazing too

Last edited:

Fithboy

The Lego Man
    Years
  • Kanto- Bored me to the bone. But then there was the Battle Frontier! I liked the Battle Frontier.
    Johto- Ok. Not too bad.
    Hoenn- This was my favorite region. Hope the remake Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby!
    Sinnoh- Cool Pokemon, but Ash seems to have become younger...

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Kanto-
    it was good the first time, and then during the remakes
    but it gets old quickly
    plus not many pokemon i like in that region evolve normally T_T stupid trade evolutions T_T

johto-
    favorite region, unique gyms, cleverly difficult due to the under levelness >:3
    wonderful pokemon, and the best fire beginner ever!
    plus it was simplistic, and had a homey feel to it, as if you were at home in the region ^_^
    not to mention became twice as spectacular in the remakes XD
    :4:
    hoenn-
    tropical, the hawaii of the pokemon world lol, great pokemon, great scenery, and a wonderful selection of places to explore
    best grass beginner
    sexy fire gym leader ;)

sinnoh-
    big fun the first few times, but gets old after the 3rd-4th time
    not a fan of the old pokemon new evolutions :P
    but i did enjoy a couple of the new pokemon, best water beginner
    nice storyline, that got even better in Pt

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • Kanto
    -It was really fun. I also loved all the music in it.
    -Why the hell have they included it in every generation? I'm getting bored..

Johto
    -OHMYGOD. The plot was great. Even though dealing with Team Rocket twice was kinda lolfail, it was still great fun. The music is also A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.
    -None

Hoenn
    -I loved the legendaries.
    -None. (Yeah, i'm not one of those TOO MUCH WATER-people)

Sinnoh
    -Good plot, and a nicely built region.
    -D/P were extremely slow. Also, the Distortion World in Pt is such a stupid place. I hate it.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    Kanto - First region played, bored of it now because I've played it so much
    Johto - I always thought it was boring.
    Hoenn - Haven't ever played the whole way through.
    Sinnoh - Favorite region everrrr. Epic.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Kanto:

Epic :D, First pokemon and adventure game I played and I took over 120h to finish it(mainly because I got lost in caves and didnt find my way round in the silph cope house(couldnt find the opener lol)

--- the bad backgraphics LOL

Johto:
    Was awesome the first time I played it, great coloured , great Pokemon great 2 worlds all was great yeah :D

Hoenn:

nice grass and update on some effects. was good to play through and I liked the contests in the different cities :).

---
    the unability to catch kanto /johto pokemon :(

sinnoh

nice new graphics,

--

didnt like many of the newer poekmon designs. only liked somebecause of the anime.

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
  • Kanto

+nostalgia, simplicity, mostly feels "suburban", Team Rocket at its best, Misty, Erika, Sabrina xD
    -not enough going on here...no tech, no big mini-game...

Johto

+Bell Tower and the autumnal feel, Pokégear, Pokéathlon, great legendaries, Jasmine~
    -uneventful (storyline), Team Rocket, lame starters

Hoenn (only played once, so kinda foggy...)

+warm feel, secret bases, Lati@s, Flannery, Battle Frontier
    -the blue, introduced Contests ><

Sinnoh (my favorite~)

+big region, cooler climate (snow!), best starters, Pokétch craze, Underground, most interesting plot, Team Galactic, Dawn and Cynthia ^^
    -brought back Contests...

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Kanto: Some of my favorite pokemon roam around the region, and it has the most recognizeable muisc in the world.

Johto: It has my first starter; Chikorita, and even though Johto was small, it had some of the best adventures (and music), and I also love the gym leader line-up for this region.

Hoenn: The first region that I ever completed. The contests that were first introduced were un-believeable. The battle frontier was a nice addition, and the tropical climate of the region made me enjoy hoenn a lot more.

Sinnoh: The biggest region I ever played in lol. The snow effect was pretty cool. Lots of places to explore, more items to collect, and more pokemans! Sinnohs Battle Frontier was a pretty cool sequal to Hoenns'.

:D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Kanto: Simple yet effective, I enjoyed this region.
    Johto: Fine layout, but levels within are too low.
    Hoenn: Too much water, some odd towns like Fortree and Sootopolis (Towns atop trees? Inside craters? Say what?)
    Sinnoh: Fine, except I didn't like the idea of Mt. Coronet splitting the region in two and having to traverse it several times.

Years
  • Kanto: The first region, simple and original story, very epic. Awesome pokemon. Will always be a role model to future regions. Gary and Team Rocket were the best. ^^
    Jotho: ^ Pretty much the same. A bit too easy though. The best male character and legendaries. Clair <3
    Hoenn: The best, my all time favorite. I loved the water areas and the HM Dive! The Magma/Aqua teams were great. This region made me feel like I was in a real adventure. So many cool pokemon. =D
    Sinnoh: My least favorite. Good story and a very beautiful region, but I didn't feel it as much as I expected. Did not like the pokemon so much, especially the legendaries.

Celest8

Lance/Wataru's Stalker
    Years
  • Kanto: Of course I like it. It's the original. But needless to say, the layout is not my favorite. It just wasn't as scenic as the other regions, to me. I loved the Pokemon though, and the characters are enjoyable as well.

Johto: I really like the layout of the Johto region, even though I will agree that it's a little too easy. The Pokemon were alright, but not fantastic. Character-wise, I think that Johto had some of the best characters. Especially Clair and Lance. Love dem' Dragon's Den peeps. <3

Hoenn: The layout of this region is my favorite. Really cool places to visit, not to mention, I thought R/S/E had an awesome soundtrack. Cool characters and cool Pokemon, too.

I can't say anything about Sinnoh, since I haven't played any of it's games.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • Kanto-
    good: It was the first region I experienced, so I am naturally nostalgic towards it. It had a little bit of everything, and the cities were cool
    bad: A bit monotonous after you've played through it a million times:///

Johto-
    good: Had the same sense of diversity and cohesion as Kanto
    bad: Same as Kanto

Hoenn-
    good: I liked the concept of the towns. Fortree city and Lavaridge town were awesome
    bad: Some of the pokemon were ehhhh... And I agree that there was 2 much water as well.

Sinnoh-
    good: It was inhabited by pokemon.
    bad: It was droning, team galactic sucked, and the sprites (D/P) were mostly lame.
    ugly: It sort of represented pokemons "devolution" to me. It's when things were noticably regressing.

Finnix

The Dragon Elite
    Years
  • Kanto- Original (WE ALL KNOW) Its the very essences to all the rest of the games/the start, we can all agree its one of the best.

Johto- I remember playing the area the most as a child, spending endless hours on it. Poke'Gear (CALLING FOR REMATCHES!!!) Bringing back team rocket with a strong story line) ,Still kept the original looks as R/B/Y. The concept of returning to Kanto makes the game better for the players who have played the original. Good music

Hoenn- Now Hoenn is very debatable, I always thought Johto was my favorite area, but i looked back and realized that the Hoenn region is just so epic and game freak out did themselves. For most players its was incredible going from the the r/b/y + g/s/c graphics to r/s/e it was really the FIRST BIG change of Pokemon ( not to drastic like the "interesting" graphics of diamond/pearl/plat) . The over all scenery that Hoenn gives the players is what really hit me, and that they brought so many new techniques into the game. Such as the FIRST double battles, Pokemon Contest (Which were the GOOD ones, not the ones that Sinnoh ruined), Poke'Blocks, GOING UNDER WATER?? (Yes i know they gave us alot of water, but it was worth it, the exploration was endless and fun :D), 2 different kinds of bikes, Poke'Nav, E- reader compatibly, and SECRET BASES. And don't forget about team Aqua and Magma. The Story line is really well played, and I liked how they didn't try to throw team rocket back into the story line. So overall I have realized and concluded that Hoenn is my favorite because it has brought so much installment into the Pokemon games it just has to be the trump card.

Sinnoh- Sinnoh was interesting, I like lots of the new material they gave us, and dis-liked a lot as-well. The big buzz-kills i believe are the music ( I didn't really care for it, it didn't seem like it belonged with Pokemon) and the graphics ( with the big heads and the over whelming 3D aspects) And I just don't feel the original Pokemon vibe in the game what so ever. Like I said the graphics and the music really killed the game, other than that i enjoyed playing the 3 installments from the Sinnoh region.

Sorry for bashing Sinnoh alot, I just believe It was a big shut down to Pokemon, like someone said above me, about how they did a bad job creating the new forms of the original Pokemon.

Tell me what you think guys think

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Kanto: It's alright. It's okay size wise, but lacks the land diversity that you see in Hoenn and Sinnoh. Still, not bad. The pokemon were okay and I really liked how the story unfolded.

Johto: Personally, I think it's wayy too small. Loved the night/day feature it had and imo the gym leaders here overall had to be some of the best the pokemon world has had so far. Apricots were another great thing about Johto that distinguishes it from the other regions, so in a way I guess Johto makes up for its lack of size in other ways.

Hoenn: I love Hoenn to death. Large region, introduced different climates (WATER WAYS ^^), pokemon imo were better than new ones introduced in 2nd gen, and the gyms were designed in a unique way that wasn't seen beforehand. It's just really awesome beyond belief. The only beef I had with Hoenn is that the elite four weren't that great.

Sinnoh: Sinnoh is like sweet home alabama in the pokemon world. What I mean by that is that playing through it was great, and I had soo many memories with it too. Took climates to a whole new level, the gym leaders were a good challenge (if I didn't over-level too much that is), I personally loved that it had more legendaries..yeah that may be a bad thing since legendaries are suppose to be rare...I'm lost on my words..It's hard to explain the greatness that is Sinnoh. It forever changed my experience with pkmn though. Other than that I for some odd reason loved the music in it.

Finnix

The Dragon Elite
    Years
  • Oh yea I forgot to put down

Sinnoh- I wish they gave Team Galactic a better choice of pokemon, instead of wurmples....and normal types, why not like psychic or steel, something more fun

That girl!

Oopsie, my fault.
    Years
  • Hmmm, the four regions you ask.

Kanto
    - it seemed more rural than any other region because in the anime, Ash and co. were always seen walking and getting lost in mountain/forest paths
    - I MISS IT
    - I was familiarized with all the pokemon there because they always have episodes dedicated to each one

Johto
    - kinda like Kanto but I think it's bigger
    - i find the city names cute (goldenrod, cherrygrove, azalea, olivine, blackthorn, etc)
    - i love the plot lines here

Hoenn
    - mostly are cities because of malls, buildings, restaurants, parks, etc
    - introduced climate changes
    - new culture and i love the different style of the gyms

Sinnoh
    - probably an improvement of Hoenn
    - more advanced in technology
    - bigger and more stylish place :)
    - makes me think of Europe. Haha

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Kanto - This one's bottom two for me. Probably cause I'm bored with it but the design is fairly unappealing and you end up traversing like 3 tunnels and an extra two caves. Everything's centred around Saffron which is cool but I never felt much energy from it. On the plus side though, Team Rocket was world class in Kanto. The pokemon were good too, I really couldn't tell you what my favourite region for pokemon is cause I like them all but I might give a slight hand to the originals.

Johto - Top two for sure!! The pokemon weren't quite as good but still were awesome. The region was maybe a little small but in HGSS it's just beautiful!! It has a good balance of cities, towers, caves such. My only beef is the route from Olivine to Cianwood, I thought they could of done more with that. And Mt. Mortar and Mt. Silver are easily my two favourite mountains!

Hoenn - Just a BEAUTIFUL region. It's laid out so nicely and I actually enjoyed the water, especially diving in it. The progression was set up beautifully, in reality I don't really care about whether the pokemon were nice or not, it's arbitrary to me. The region is beautiful and so diverse. Not to mention, Emerald had the best plot of any pokemon game in my opinion. The original Battle Frontier was simply amazing as well.

Sinnoh - Bottom two but ahead of Kanto in design. The two mountains didn't do it for me and I stay as far away from Mt. Coronet as possible, I don't think it turned out that well and it got annoying. I thought the pokemon designs for new pokemon were all good too. A solid region but it lacked the magic of Johto and Hoenn. I love them all though. <3 :P

Back