• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen opnions on a sound type

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2013
    i have been hearing about a new types like a light type (i think is a bad idea chosing what should be that like lanturn and what electric moves to be that like charge beam)

i did happen to hear of a sound type but even though i think it would be cool for the people like me who just play the game for fun i dont think it would be logical because it would make pokemon like chimeko and loudred switch type (which isnt the problem) the problem is that they would lose STAB on alot of moves they already had STAB on (allmost all normal moves) and all the other normal pokemon would lose STAB on the moves like sonicboom and such (not saying they are used anyway)

that is my opnion tell me yours

Last edited:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    ya i remember I was one of the ones that brought this up on the NEW TYPES THREAD, (don't mean to mini-mod)

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    I believe you are too late by about 2-3 months. If there was going to be a new type they would've shown something in CoroCoro by now.

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2013
    ya i remember I was one of the ones that brought this up on the NEW TYPES THREAD, (don't mean to mini-mod)

whell let me give credit where credit is do, acedragonite i apoligize for not mentioning you above

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    I always thought Sound was a cool element to play with, especially for magic specialties for certain RPG games or, actually, roleplaying in general...

BUT! I don't think it's necessary in Pokemon. We've got a good thing going right now and there's not really a need for this new type...

Also Sonicboom can't benefit from STAB, silly :( Neither can Screech nor Metal Sound D: But Bug Buzz and Hyper Voice, sure, though I'd be reluctant to change Bug Buzz so soon since it was added mainly to be the only viable Bug-type special attack.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back