• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[In Progress] Origins

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    Origins

Relive your most nostalgic moments from a vast region in this upcoming title. Origins is centered around the most iconic region and our favorite catchable monsters.
    Origins

A New Twist
    Our favorite handheld games go back to the 90's. However, there was always something I felt was missing, action based multiplayer combat.
    Origins

By being true to the Origins of our favorite games, this game looks to redefine a classic and bring it into the next era. Your journey awaits you!

Unique Features:
    - Realtime Action-based combat
    - Online multiplayer
    - Dynamic Vegetation, Dynamic Shadows

Origins

Origins

Each time the world is ran, it dynamically generates shadows and vegetation in real time creating a unique world each time the server is updated or rebooted.
    - PvP & PvE
    - Player Gym Leaders
    - Full DevOps Process

Code is managed in GitLab and has a dedicated build and deployment pipeline. This took quite a bit of time to set up, but I feel like it is super important for a seemless update process and a clean development environment.
    Hinashou's CI/CD Pipeline for Origins
    Pipeline consists of 3 steps:
    build
    Pulls down an image from docker, and installs all necessary dependencies. Then, it runs through the code and ensures there are no compilation errors.
    auto-deploy
    Deploys the files generated from the build step to my remote game server. The remote game server detects these changes immediately, saves all players currently logged in, and restarts the game world with the updated files. It also sends out a discord message to my discord server with updated change logs.
    manual-deploy
    This step is also dependent on the build step, but is optional. It is only ran if the game is not currently running on the remote game server. After deploying the files to the remote game server, it will start the game world.

If the game world crashes for any reason on the remote game server, it will automatically restart within 1 minute.

Fully independent test game server and production game server with independent pipelines, but follow the same steps.
    Origins

- Discord Integration
    Get current server information, players online, lookup trainers, lookup pokemon, and generate pokemon at a specific level. Has the same setup as the game server, there is a test bot and a production bot.
    Origins

Origins

- Online 24/7!
    Next Major Feature:
    - Expanded PVP System & Lore

Join Origins Today!
    Origins

Origins Discord

Origins

Origins GitLab

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2022
    The maps look so good! Is this game already finished or still being worked on?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    A lot of performance improvements have been put in place, so the game plays a lot more smoothly now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2021
    Oh that's crazy. I'm doing something kind of similar. Cool to see I'm not the only one with this idea.

Samuel the best

Samuel555v
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2021
    It runs on a client called BYOND. Here's how you get setup

https://gitlab.com/OriginsProject/originspublic#setup

Join our discord too!

ummm i just finished step 2 but when i tried to run it windows " protected my pc " so basically i clicked on " Run anyway" and then windows said it disabled some of the features of the application i dont know something about firewall , i just clicked x on the message but BYOND didnt open up , so i tried to open it up again and nothing happend , any help? also an explantion about why it thinks its a virus and the firewall thing..

Edit : although when i openend it as an administor it did open up.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    ummm i just finished step 2 but when i tried to run it windows " protected my pc " so basically i clicked on " Run anyway" and then windows said it disabled some of the features of the application i dont know something about firewall , i just clicked x on the message but BYOND didnt open up , so i tried to open it up again and nothing happend , any help? also an explantion about why it thinks its a virus and the firewall thing..

Edit : although when i openend it as an administor it did open up.

We talked about it on the Discord, but I have been using BYOND for like 15 years, shouldn't be flagged by the firewall or anything like that. Some people have reported that their firewall did, but I've never had that issue before. I also do not have to run as Administrator or anything like that. If you have any issues with the "Play Now" launching the game from the browser, just search Origins in the BYOND program and it should pull up just fine.

You were able to get in the game just fine, so we're good anyways! Just wanted to share in case someone else came across this and was having any issues getting started.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    Version 1.82.2 Released!

Patch Notes

Players now have the ability to change music and sound effect volumes. Players also have the ability now to give nicknames to their monsters!

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    Version 1.86.2 Released!

Patch Notes

Alliance passive system added in preparation for Alliances that are coming! Stat EXP events and other changes!

Back