• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Other Pokemon mangas

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
    *because sometimes, seeing Pokemon Adventures all the time can get a bit repetitive*

I was wondering, what other pokemon mangas (besides Pokemon Adventures/Special) have you read/would like to read.

Lesse, the mangas I've read are Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure!, both of the Mystery Dungeon mangas, the Rise of Darkrai manga adaptation, Phantom thief Pokemon 7.

That's all.
    Thought there are some other mangas I want to read, such as Pocket Monsters, Pokemon ReBURST, Pokemon Try Adventure (I have the books, but I don't know japanese...so. yeah), and the Pokemon Colosseum manga (which is so hard to find it's not even funny...)

EDIT: also, for your information, I remember finding out that there is a Anime Manga adaption for the Pokemon anime drawn by none other than Mato (the first illustrator for Pokemon Special up until vol. 10).
    I saw the cover for it. I swear. I know she drew Ash, but he still looks so much like Red to me. xD;

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
    Aaaah, Chamo, I think Mato did do a sort of manga with the anime. I remember a thread on BMGF, it had a cover scan with Ash and a page with the anime characters (it had Ash, Brock, Misty, some anime-exclusive characters, and Lt. Surge) on it. Not only did Ash look like Red, the Gym Leaders looked like how they were depicted in Special.

I wish there were more scans. I love Mato's art. Heck, I wish there was a Pokéspe artbook.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    If you're getting quite bored of the manga, you could always read some Pokemon comics online. Most of them are comedic, I bet, but there are some that relates to the manga.

Yeah, I don't quite read the manga. Only the online comics that I've found.

chamo-chan

Years
    ^
    ....once again, people refer to Adventures/Special as "the" manga.

No. I can never be bored of Pokemon Adventures/Special. I was mostly wondering if people have read other Pokemon Manga (not webcomics if you were confused.)
    I've only read a few other Pokemon mangas, but it's pretty hard to come across them, seeing as most of them (excluding Adventures/Special) almost never make it over seas, and they are usually only a few volumes long.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    ^
    ....once again, people refer to Adventures/Special as "the" manga.
    Obviously, you don't know how I talk. When I refer to "the manga" I refer to all of the Pokemon mangas. Not just PokeSpe or something. :/

I don't blame you though, we're not that close anyways. So I can't help you with your manga "problem".
    god what do people see in the manga anyways. it maybe be better than the anime (and it is afaik) but some people are overly dramatic about it imo. and if you see this, well, you're not supposed to so think of it as "breaking the rules" =p

chamo-chan

Years
    I wasn't trying to start anything though. That was miscommunication on my part. D:

Also, I could see it. :/
    I like both anime and manga, so it's not a super big deal for me on which one I like more.

Back