• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Otk?

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
    Cyber End Dragon + Limiter Removal + Micro Ray

I'm not sure if this is new or old.

Basically, it replies on your opponent having a face-up defense position monster. Get Cyber End out like any other person does (Cyber Bond) and then activate Micro Ray. This will reduce the DEF of the DEF Position moster to 0. Use Limiter to get 8000 ATK points, attack the monster, and voia. End of the duel.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Also goes with Scapegoat. That's why Power Bond was invented. It's also why Magic Cylinder is still around (mwahahahahaha!!!).

There are too many OTKs to count...most rely on specific monsters (Magical Scientist, Makyura, CYBER STEIN, etc), others on trap cards (LAST TURN).

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Last Turn is banned (for good) and same as any other possible FTK... good call.

Cyber End is well known enough, but it's how to get out Cyber End that's the difficult part. After winning one game of it though, it's a lot harder to pull off Cyber End the 2nd time because they'll be prepared. At least, there's 3 ways to pull out Cyber End from the same deck which isn't bad... power bond, light hex sealed fusion and cyber stein... not bad.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    CYber-Stein and Power Bond are still around IN THREES, so don't say that FTKs are dead...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Cyber Stein and Power Bond are OTK not FTK...

You do have a chance to stop it, always (stopping it successfully or not is another matter.) FTK on the other hand is beyond your help. Last turn can kick in right on your go first turn, and you can't do junk to stop it unless you got Wildheart or Chien...

OTK =/= FTK

It's not the same thing...

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Cyber Stein can be a FTK if you have all of the cards needed. But your opponent has to be the first to go.

Example: The usual set face down for each for your opponent.

You: Nobleman of Crssout on set monster then Giant Truande/Mystical Space Typhoon/Heavy Storm on the set spell/trap card.

Cyber Stein, activate effect. Special Summon Cyber Twin/End Dragon. Megamorph/Limiter Removal=Good Game.

OTK/FTK are still alive. Konami just took away the popular ones.

King Shuckle: It can work. It may even work on me in our duel later.XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Frostweaver said:
    Cyber Stein and Power Bond are OTK not FTK...

You do have a chance to stop it, always (stopping it successfully or not is another matter.) FTK on the other hand is beyond your help. Last turn can kick in right on your go first turn, and you can't do junk to stop it unless you got Wildheart or Chien...

OTK =/= FTK

It's not the same thing...

No, it isn't...but the topic of the thread was OTKs.

Thanks for backing me up!

Lunar6000

Master Trainer
    Years
    Cyber Stein decks are lame, they are prepared after siding in for the second match. I only run 1 cyber stein, I think basing a deck around it bad though, I run a machine deck and of course hes in there but I have many other ways to win. Hes just a variable.

Back