• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Our Wants, Wishes, & Suggestions For Nintendos Future of Pokemon ^_^

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Lol, yea, shoulda said it wouldn't be on the DS, or any handheld really. The Wii I think has the power to handle some MMO-style games, and there's always future consoles. I guess I forgot to figure in the fact that Nintendo isn't much interested in PC-games, but who knows~

I just strive to actually feel like a Pokémon Trainer, without all the poor AI and lack of other humans in the actual playthrough. We could always start slow, maybe with some Co-op play...

We just can't forever be, when it comes to connecting with other players, limited to just battling against each other...trading with each other...making Poffins together...competing in Contests or the Pokéathlon...and all of it done in designated areas where you would need to connect through Wireless, or through Wi-Fi, and never just anywhere on the map. x_x

Now I lost my train of thought. xD

ya it would be awesome on Wii minus the lame Miis -_-"

but if they stopped DS games id be sad, i like the DS games :3

XD happens to us all, especially me, im that random lol

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
    ya it would be awesome on Wii minus the lame Miis -_-"

but if they stopped DS games id be sad, i like the DS games :3

XD happens to us all, especially me, im that random lol

That's one of the things I worry about with the MMO idea, since in my mind, an MMO-version of Pokémon would be perfection if done right, and that could effectively end the need for the current concept of handheld, multi-generation Pokémon games. But just because I'd go for it shouldn't mean these handheld games, the mainstay of the franchise, would have to end. I mean, Nintendo doesn't hate money. xD

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    harder gym leaders and maybe even more gym leaders
    a revamped pkmn league (maybe get rid of elite 4 and replace with tough trainers)
    IMPROVED battle frontier since it was never the same after emerald
    new ways to make berries
    pokeathlon included in future games
    more climate diversity in regions
    cities and towns with trainers in them (since you mainly can only battle on routes)
    new combinations of pokemon types (but don't take it to the extreme)
    maybe new pokemon games other than making new Mystery Dungeons and Rangers. Not that I don't love them, I'd buy every one that came out (especially mystery dungeon) but sooner or later they're going to have to come up with another totally different game

for the anime:
    come up with a better plot because the same ash and friends meet new person, team rocket steals new pkmn, ash's pkmn blast off team rocket is kinda old,

PLEASE bring back Misty!!! I know it may not happen but I love her...
    Don't keep switching out female characters after each region. Sure I want Misty back but at least keep Dawn a little longer. Dumping the female is getting kind of old...
    Evolve Dawn's PIPLUP
    If they could...I'd say switch Ash out for someone else (maybe Max?) but that would be to the extreme and I doubt it will happen.

and finally....the ultimate thing I ask for is just to not screw up pokemon. Everything else I listed is meaningless when compared to this.

UlvMor

I'm pretty sure I'm awesome
    Years
    Can you not tell what it is by the description of it? Oh though that's only in the new games isn't it.. Haha haven't played the old ones in a while.

I agree that a customizable trainer avatar would be awesome. As would trainers in towns, or like just more trainers in general. I've always been disappointed in how little trainers there actually are and the methods in some of re-battling them are pretty weak.

UlvMor

I'm pretty sure I'm awesome
    Years
    Well, you CAN, but you basically have to know what the TM is before you get it. If they can put the descriptions, why can't they just type the name?

I've never really noticed any TMs being sold that you hadn't already encountered, especially if someone has been playing the games from the start.
    Though yes I suppose it is a good idea to put the names of them, but then again when you find a TM or get given it it's just referred to by the number.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i would love a game were you are given total control of what you want to do. if you want to join the evil team (i always wanted to join team rocket) or stop them. if you want to collect badges or just be a breeder or coordinator.

i would love some more ghost types and some more eevee evolutions.

also customizable trainers. i hate how most of the trainers look. the only ones i actually think are decent were the original gold/silver/crystal characters.

Last edited:

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    That's one of the things I worry about with the MMO idea, since in my mind, an MMO-version of Pokémon would be perfection if done right, and that could effectively end the need for the current concept of handheld, multi-generation Pokémon games. But just because I'd go for it shouldn't mean these handheld games, the mainstay of the franchise, would have to end. I mean, Nintendo doesn't hate money. xD

im not big on crowds, so id do the M-thingy if i had to, but otherwise its just not my thing, i like the feel of walkin threw a region all on my own lol

harder gym leaders and maybe even more gym leaders
    a revamped pkmn league (maybe get rid of elite 4 and replace with tough trainers)
    IMPROVED battle frontier since it was never the same after emerald
    new ways to make berries
    pokeathlon included in future games
    more climate diversity in regions
    cities and towns with trainers in them (since you mainly can only battle on routes)
    new combinations of pokemon types (but don't take it to the extreme)
    maybe new pokemon games other than making new Mystery Dungeons and Rangers. Not that I don't love them, I'd buy every one that came out (especially mystery dungeon) but sooner or later they're going to have to come up with another totally different game

for the anime:
    come up with a better plot because the same ash and friends meet new person, team rocket steals new pkmn, ash's pkmn blast off team rocket is kinda old,

PLEASE bring back Misty!!! I know it may not happen but I love her...
    Don't keep switching out female characters after each region. Sure I want Misty back but at least keep Dawn a little longer. Dumping the female is getting kind of old...
    Evolve Dawn's PIPLUP
    If they could...I'd say switch Ash out for someone else (maybe Max?) but that would be to the extreme and I doubt it will happen.

and finally....the ultimate thing I ask for is just to not screw up pokemon. Everything else I listed is meaningless when compared to this.

XD lmao your just too much mate XD yes thats a compliment

I have a really practical one.

PUT THE NAME OF THE TM NEXT TO THE TM NUMBER WHEN I BUY THEM IN THE DEPARTMENT STORE!!!! THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS!

i totally agree, instead of description, just give a name, new players arent gonna be a poke-master off the bat dammit -_-"

i would love a game were you are given total control of what you want to do. if you want to join the evil team (i always wanted to join team rocket) or stop them. if you want to collect badges or just be a breeder or coordinator.

i would love some more ghost types and some more eevee evolutions.

also customizable trainers. i hate how most of the trainers look. the only ones i actually think are decent were the original gold/silver/crystal characters.

i agree XD

hell ya! (dragon type eeveelution!) i also want more fire :3

same, they raped gold of his gold-ness, now hes just a typical frat-boy wannabe T^T

FloatingClouds

Champion CSSer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2011
    how about a game where at the start it has a list like breeder, cather, trainer evile people and stuff and you can choose :)

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
    How bout the o[piton to be a corridinator and not a trainer

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    cant blame nintendo then for doin wat you told them to
    I'm not blaming Nintendo. I'm blaming fans for thinking they know what everyone would want in a video game and not considering that although it sounds nice on paper it really isn't good to put that in a video game.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I'm not blaming Nintendo. I'm blaming fans for thinking they know what everyone would want in a video game and not considering that although it sounds nice on paper it really isn't good to put that in a video game.

OI! dont put words in my mouth i wasnt talkin bout you, i was talkin the people who do treat nintendo like crap for their ideas, of course sinnoh was massive fail when it came to lack of new fire pokemon but thats not the point.

true, but you never know unless you try, you cant just hide in fear your entire life, or youll never get anywhere, youve gotta take risks& open your heart/mind ^_^

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    OI! dont put words in my mouth i wasnt talkin bout you, i was talkin the people who do treat nintendo like crap for their ideas, of course sinnoh was massive fail when it came to lack of new fire pokemon but thats not the point.
    Oh sorry, I guess I misinterpeted what you were saying.

true, but you never know unless you try, you cant just hide in fear your entire life, or youll never get anywhere, youve gotta take risks& open your heart/mind ^_^
    0_o My gosh, that was so... Goofy.
    Hide in fear? How can you be afraid of posting an idea on a forum where nobody important (and by that I mean some one from Nintendo or Game Freak) will probably ever see it?

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Oh sorry, I guess I misinterpeted what you were saying.

0_o My gosh, that was so... Goofy.
    Hide in fear? How can you be afraid of posting an idea on a forum where nobody important (and by that I mean some one from Nintendo or Game Freak) will probably ever see it?

you did.

im sayin if you dont take a risk, your goin to fail anyways
    thats wat nintendo does, they are afraid of their fans ideas, so instead they try to do it on their own, and end up losin out on ALOT of money, cuz we all know every human bein on this planet is a greedy money grubbin pain in ass (no offense, but its true)

Years
    • Age 34
    • CA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2010
    Have the option to choose which box a pkmn goes in after you catch would be nice.

this. and a simpler box operation menu, more than one save file, more branching evolutions to previously established pokemon, and evolutions to "novelty" pokemon

Back