• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overgrowth reborn

UDC

[insertusertitlehere]
    Years
    The following deck is loosely based upon the overgrowth deck from the 90's, overgrowth from base set.

Legend:
    SW: secret wonders
    RR: rising rivals
    GE: Great Encounters
    U: HS unleashed
    SF: Stormfront
    DP: Diamond and Pearl
    LA: Legends awakened
    MT: Mysterious Treasures
    Right, I was bored and picked up overgrowth at a toy store and was inspired to re-create it. So, without further ado-
    Spoiler:

The main objective is to discard 3 magikarps, and evolve the 4th into a Gyarados, which would then proceed to use tail revenge for completely free. Regice is used to discard Magikarp, and Beedrill to gather other grass types. Miltank is responsible for healing most of the pokemon with the exception of Sceptile and Venusaur. Blastoise can move energy to the active pokemon as often as it likes, and Sceptile can just move energy around. And TM TS-1 is self-explanatory :)

So, what do you think?

Last edited:

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    Before I talk about this deck, I would like to know if you're just building this for fun or for competitive play. I can suggest a revision if you intend to run the deck for fun or if you want to run a deck in the current format legally. Because either way I have some suggestions:

-Stronger evolutionary lines; i.e. at least 2 basic, 2 stage 1, 2 stage 2, as far as the line goes.

-Less evolutionary lines; mainly take out beedrill and sceptile, venosaur is okay to stay if he sits on the bench, otherwise pitch him. Ideally with this deck setup, you should set up Gyarados quickly and start chaining off tail revenges while bulking up Blastoise on the bench. You should normally only run about 1 or 2 stage 2 lines in a deck; either 2 different lines or 1 filled out as much as needed.

-More supporters: you have 2 supporters. That does not bode well for you with as many lines as you're trying to run now, and regardless you should have a good 20-30 trainers and supporters in your deck.

-More trainers: realistically you should be running at least 2 rare candies for every stage 2 line. The max is 4 candies, and you shouldn't be running too many stage 2 lines because they're slow to set up, and realistically impossible with low numbers like you're using.

Less energy: You have too much energy. I'd reccomend cutting the grass energies and keeping the rest.

UDC

[insertusertitlehere]
    Years
    Right. I'll take these considerations into mind and try and revise my deck. Thanks! Personally though I think I should keep Beedrill to get Venusaur set up though. Unfortunately I don't have anymore rare candies...
    Also, this is a non-competitive deck. Most of the cards are outdated.

Back