• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Overshadowed Hearts

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2012
    Hai! This is kind of my first story. I've never really sat down and actually took time to write something I actually want to be premium quality, I've just sort of asked someone for a suggestion and wrote a small story in about half an hour. This one on the other hand I tried to but some thought into, for what it's worth. I really hope everyone enjoys it and I would love some tips on how I could make my writing better. Tanks ^^

Overshadowed Hearts

"Are you ready lover?"
    Kaitaro smiles "Of course I'm ready. Are you ready Lex?"
    Alexis nods and snags the first Poke ball from her belt.
    Kaitaro does the same and the couple snaps into their famous double battle pose.

Alexis' black hair is slightly blowing with the wind, her hand outstretched to the left while her right hand is holding her Pokeball up by her shoulder. Kaitaro's back is up against hers, his hair spiky and brown, does the same pose making them look perfectly in sync and fashionably powerful.

Together they face two shady men in black trench coats and sunglasses in the finals for the Goldenrod City Battle-tastic battle tournament. In the double battle division. For the most part they got to the finals pretty easily, they did have a few problems in that one battle with that little kid's Magnemite and Whitney's Miltank but they rolled on through.

"We're ready! Let's do it." Alexis and Kaitaro say as they release their Pokeballs.

Their two opponents also release Pokeballs. In a flash of purplish fog out come the largest Tyranitar they've ever seen along with the most angry looking Infernape they've ever seen.

Kaitaro and Alexis look at these Pokemon in awe and intimidation while their small little Plusle and Minun are shaking in fear.

"Are your Pokemon poisoned or are they just very angry? Or........is it just me?" Kaitaro says sarcastically. With only a grunt a response from one of their opponents.

"Ready guys?" Alexis says determined. Her Plusle and his Minun instantly get into their battle poses.

The announcer calls out. "Begin!"

Simultaneously, the two Shady men order their attacks, "Earthquake, Protect."
    Right underneath Plusle and Minun the ground shakes. Without hesitation, Alexis and Kaitaro yell out "Jump!" and their Pokemon jump into the air right as the ground beneath them blows up in an explosion of dirt and rock.

After a few seconds the field is blinded with dust. "Helping hand!" is called out by Kaitaro and instantly Plusle emerges from the dust running as if it were going to circle Tyranitar and infernape. "Follow Me" Is called out by Alexis. Both Tyranitar and Infernape lock onto Plusle and charge their attacks it as run around them.

"Minun! Use Wild charge!"

A whirlwind of dust and sand follow Minun as it dashes out. The attack lands a direct hit knocking back Infernape onto the ground.

"Watch out for the blue one!" one of the men yells. Tyranitar turns around to face Minun charging up a Dark Pulse. As it does Plusle lands a direct hit with a thunder from behind staggering Tyranitar. Plusle and Minun run back to their side of the field.
    They high five each other with a thrilled look on their faces. Kaitaro and Alexis do the same.
    The two men are not at all impressed at this point. The field is still and silent.

"Tyranitar! Shadow Sky!" "Infernape Shadow storm!"

"Hey Kai.......I have a bad feeling about this."

"Don't worry Lex, What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger. Now guys! Use Nasty Plot."

Alexis sighs, "That's what I'm afraid of."

All of a sudden the sky above them turns an ominous dark purple and black. There's something very wrong about Tyranitar and Infernape as they execute their attacks. Plusle and Minun glow slightly as their Nasty Plot is used but suddenly what seems like dark hail falls from the sky striking them. At the same time a wind picks up that strikes them with more of this damaging energy.

"Pluuuuu....." "nuuuuuuun"

"Stay frosty guys, and use spark!" Alexis calls.

Together, Plusle and Minun hold handd and electrical energy surrounds them and then discharges towards infernape however it dodges the attack with fantastic jumping power.

"Shadow blitz" infernape descends down between Plusle and Minun knocking them to either side.

"Tyranitar, Shadow Rush!" The beastly Pokemon rushing down the field slamming down between Plusle and Minun in a shadowy Aura blasting them further.

They both regain their composure quickly, both firing a charge beam at Infernape. It dodges one but the second scored a massive hit.Meanwhile Tyranitar strikes Plusle with a powerful Dark Pulse.

"Good job! Now Minun, Discharge."

Electricity discharges all around them. Alexis and Kaitaro shield their faces. Their opponents stand in the usual sinister way. Infernape and Tyranitar flinch as they are buffeted with electricity while it strikes Plusle giving it enough energy to recover from Dark Pulse.

"Yeah!" Both Kai and Lex jump up. Lex calls out "Double dynamic Wild Charge!"

Plusle and Minun join hands and cheeks. They dash forward aiming right for Tyranitar, Shrouded in electricity. They jump and soar through the air but unfortunately Minun is intercepted and knocked down by Infernape's shadow blitz. Just before the remaining Plusle strikes the slow moving Tyranitar that shadowy whirlwind and hail strike down stopping Plusle in the air.

"Again."Both of the shady men say. This time, Infernape slams the ground causing a massive earthquake as Tyranitar protects itself.

At this moment Plusle and Minun lay on the ground in weakness. The ground then explodes beneath them. They were not as successful at dodging this one.

Plusle and Minun were down but not out. They struggle to get back on their feet.

"Come on Plusle!" "You can do it Minun, hang in there!" Lex and Kai cry

"Infernape. Finish off the red one now." orders the trainer

"Tyranitar, Close the door the the other one's heart."

Tyranitar slowly walks towards Minun and grabs it's entire body. For some reason Infernape remains still staring at the ground.

"Come on guys you need to get up." yells Kaitaro

"Kaitaro, I'm scared." Alexis looks at him worried.

Tyranitar holds Minun in front of itself. Minun no longer looks able to battle, a very visible aura surrounds both of them.

Suddenly, Infernape cries out extremely loud. In the blink of an eyes it jumps and the air and strikes down Tyranitar with an intense Focus Punch dealing massive damage. Tyranitar and Minun fall to the ground unable to battle.

The offical calls out. "Tyranitar and Minun are unable to battle!" however quietly like he was frightened. All of the spectators were frightened by the monstrous Pokemon used by those two men.

"Infernape!!!!" The trainer screams angrily. Infernape turns around and walks slowly to the man. Lex or Kai have never seen a Pokemon look at a human in this way. They were concerned about the mans life.

Infernape pulls back its arm ready to strike the opponent. He does not even flinch, he just stands his ground. Just before Infernape strikes, Plusle jumps onto Infernape's back and lets out a massive electric discharge. It's eyes closed, Plusle is focusing all of its energy into Infernape. The big monkey then throws Plusle back and Plusle lands on its feet ready to face Infernape. Infernape walks up to Plusle and stands in front of it towering over. Plusle stands its ground panting. After a few seconds Infernape topples to the ground unable to battle.

Everything is silent for what seems like an eternity.....

"Infernape is unable to battle. Plusle wins. The gold medal for the Goldenrod City battle-tastic tournament doubles goes to Alexis and Kaitaro from Celadon City!

All of the spectators rise in a thunderous applause and cheer.
    "We did it babe!" Kai and Lex move to each other having a quick kiss. Plusle sits on the ground not quite as happy. The two shady men had managed to disappear without a trace.

After a short award ceremony Lex and Kai quickly make their way to the Pokemon Center.

"I'm really worried about Plusle and Minun, Those weren't normal attacks those guys were using, they weren't even normal Pokemon." Alexis said as they both stood at the counter of the Pokemon Center.

"I'm sure they'll be alright, they probably need a good rest after that."

"Nurse Joy, could you please take a look at our Pokemon." Alexis said as Nurse Joy showed up.
    "Certainly ^^ "

Kaitaro released Minun out of its Pokeball. Minun didn't look injured at all but something was wrong.

"Mu-Minun?" Kai said.

Minun looked terrible, it looked angry. It looked like Tyranitar and Infernape did.

"Are you okay Minun?" Asked Kai

Minun gave out a loud cry and then struck Kaitaro in the chest knocking him down. It then dashed out of the Pokemon center. Kaitaro, Plusle and Alexis ran out after it but there was no way to tell where it went.

"Minun! Where are you?" yelled out Kaitaro

"Plus-plus pluslllllllleee" yelled out Plusle

Alexis tried to comfort Kaitaro as he fell to the ground.

"It's going to be okay, we'll find Minun. I promise you." she said
    'What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right Kai?"

The end.
    To be continued.
    By Jenningzo

Back