• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Pace - The Final Frontier" Episode Discussion

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Here's where you can discuss the final episode of the Battle Frontier, "Pace - The Final Frontier" (>.>).

My review to come later.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    It was alright I suppose. A little annoying, but okay.

Alright, so lets see. Bulbasaur was going to evolved but stopped it self, but what about Squirtle? Wouldn't it be like, level 15 or something? That didn't really make sense to me.

The Bulbasaur vs. Solrock win was soo predicatable, its only be used like.... 100 times. So that was a little annoying.

Team Rocket was funny when they got hit by Solar Beam though, hehe

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    yup just watched that episode about an hour ago =) not too bad but it was just like your average come-from-behind-win gym battle to me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2007
    Can anyone upload it? I do not have cartoon network :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Can anyone upload it? I do not have cartoon network :(

Go to the Episode Request thread.

Anyway, the episode was good to focus solely on Ash's battle, giving it some time to develop (then again, as if it needed any more time). Let's go battle by battle:

Bulbasaur vs. Dusclops-uh, predictable I guess, since Charizard DID do SOME damage.

Bul--er, Squirtle vs. Ninjask-BRANDON USED UNDERHANDED TACTICS AND STILL LOST!! I would have LOLed if he had used Baton Pass, though.

Squirtle vs. Solrock-Honestly, who didn't see Solarbeam coming?

Bulbasaur vs. Solrock-Saw it coming a mile away.

And the final battle...well, not the first time we've seen Pikachu fight a Legendary, I believe...no, I take that back. I think it IS the first time we've seen that o.0.

And note how they've changed the pronounciation of Regice since the movie, no longer adding emphasis on that i.

Well, it's finally over. Ash has conquered a "league" for the second time in his career and now who knows what he'll move on to?

(Everyone on this forum, of course, as well as all of the Pokemon fans with internet access, which would mean...just about all of them o.0)

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
    Ash acted stupid in this episode.He could have done this:
    Ninjask vs Squirtle:When Ninjask use Double team Ash could have oredered a Hydro Pump and shoot them all and also hit Ninjask

Solrock vs Squirtle:Why didn't ash ordered a rain dance attack since the pokedex said that solrok's powers comes from the sun and since rain dance will cause rain it will also leave solrock powerless

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Ash acted stupid in this episode.He could have done this:
    Ninjask vs Squirtle:When Ninjask use Double team Ash could have oredered a Hydro Pump and shoot them all and also hit Ninjask

Solrock vs Squirtle:Why didn't ash ordered a rain dance attack since the pokedex said that solrok's powers comes from the sun and since rain dance will cause rain it will also leave solrock powerless

Um...Ash DID order Squirtle to attack all the copies, and...Squirtle doesn't know Rain Dance >.>. Care to try a second time after watching the episode again?

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Didn't watch it.

I figured Ash would win.
    He had to win. He's Ash.

Now he'll move onto the Hoenn league. Which I'll watch.. partly, anyhoo.
    Juuuust waiting for D/P.

Battle Frontier for the most part.. isn't one of my favorite seasons. I love the Japanese Openings though. xD (Spurt and Battle Frontier! <3 )

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    Great episode, one of the best battles since the Indigo League. I loved Pikachu v Regice the best.

Years
    No Doubt the Best Finish this Season! Especially with all of Ash's starter Pokemon. I was a bit surprized that Bradon did'nt tell Solrock to use Flamethrower against Balbsaur but who's complaining lol. The Final Match between Pikachu & Regice was awesome because we see how strong Pikachu has become and he proves it thats for sure :P. I am not surprized Ash did'nt want to become a Frontier Brain that would have been the end of the story! Ash has to become a Pokemon Master that's how the story was created :P Looks like the Frontier saga is coming to a close so looks like after this weekend's show the last one is next after and a new saga will arrive I can't wait for the new pokemon and the new characters, D/P will come soon too ^-^

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
    I watched this ep again today, and I just heard the "End of one journey, yet beginning of another" line by the narrator, which is the name of the last BF episode in Japan. The niceness in that was kew. :cool:

Back