• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PBR + AR

Dark Empoleon

Armored Emperor Penguin
Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2012
    I just got an Action Replay to catch legendary pokemon in my diamond version. BUT, not like super mega 999 stat ones, just like, lv 10 mew, celebi, ect, ect, with normal stats & to get like 99 (or 999 don't remember) of all TMs (earthquake is your friend :D). I was wondering even if I use AR once would that ban me from wi-fi? Cause I wi-fi battle a lot with my real no AR team D:

(Sorry if this is the wrong place to be posting this >_<)

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    It only Bans you if you use hacked Pokemon ON PBR, not that you should really be using hacks at all in the first place.

Dark Empoleon

Armored Emperor Penguin
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2012
    It only Bans you if you use hacked Pokemon ON PBR, not that you should really be using hacks at all in the first place.

So what your saying is "hacked pokemon" are like, the supermegahackedstats? o_o
    Also, I hate how you can only get ONE and only ONE earthquake TM in the game >_>
    That was a fast reply o.o

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • stats and illegal moves are banned, I loved my AR its really useful but it broke...

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • Yeah, try not to use hacks on PBR on Wi-Fi. Usually if you do, they catch you immedietly and make you change your battle pass. But you can use hacks in free battles and battles with friends using friend codes

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    PBR has a small hack checking program but it's very easy to get around.

It ONLY checks for illegal IVs/EV distribution and illegal move sets. As long as you hack a Pokemon within the legal bounds of the games, it'll be fine. If it breaks one of the above, it'll get turned into a Bad Egg.

The GTS has a similar program, except it just says "This Pokemon cannot be traded" and no Bad Egg.

burningfoot

Prepare Yourself!
    Years
  • It ONLY checks for illegal IVs/EV distribution and illegal move sets. As long as you hack a Pokemon within the legal bounds of the games, it'll be fine. If it breaks one of the above, it'll get turned into a Bad Egg.

Wrong! It doesn't check illegal moves from transfer to PBR, but very few can get onto Wi-Fi. It does EVs, IVs and for certain Ribbons.

Back