• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PBS Item error

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: RuntimeError

Name must consist only of letters, numbers, and

underscores and can't begin with a number.

Make sure the name is defined in

PBS/moves.txt.

File PBS/items.txt, line 579

Compiler:934:in `pbGetConst'

Compiler:960:in `parseMove'

Compiler:832:in `pbCompileItems'

Compiler:816:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'

Compiler:615:in `each_line'

Compiler:615:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'

Compiler:612:in `open'

Compiler:612:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'

Compiler:816:in `pbCompileItems'

Compiler:4037:in `pbCompileAllData'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Reuben\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    What were you doing when the error happened? Can you reproduce the error? - Malonkey1

I was making a Pokemon game on RPG maker XP and this happens everytime I try to test run the game

Years

Name must consist only of letters, numbers, and

underscores and can't begin with a number.

Make sure the name is defined in

PBS/moves.txt.

File PBS/items.txt, line 579

From the error code, it looks like you're trying to make a TM or HM for a move that does not exist.

Check in "PBS/moves.txt" and make sure that the move "POWERUPPUNCH" is defined there. If it is, double check on your spelling, and even the capitalization of it, as this could result in an error.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    From the error code, it looks like you're trying to make a TM or HM for a move that does not exist.

Check in "PBS/moves.txt" and make sure that the move "POWERUPPUNCH" is defined there. If it is, double check on your spelling, and even the capitalization of it, as this could result in an error.

Sir I only extracted this file from Pokemon Essentials V. 1.6! i don't know how this happened

Years
  • From the error code, it looks like you're trying to make a TM or HM for a move that does not exist.

Sir I only extracted this file from Pokemon Essentials V. 1.6! i don't know how this happened

Did you only download the patch? Because if you did, you need to download the base version of 1.6 and then manually transfer the 1.6.2 files over. As the patch only contains the modified files.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    Did you only download the patch? Because if you did, you need to download the base version of 1.6 and then manually transfer the 1.6.2 files over. As the patch only contains the modified files.

I downloaded the Patches AND the original base version.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    And, did you run version 1.6 WITHOUT trying to patch it? If so, then did you make sure that everything extracted properly before you tried to test it?

Everything extracted properly. and i put the patches in before launching.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    Retry it on a clean version of 1.6, without trying to patch. If the problem is gone, then you patched it incorrectly.

Thankyou sir I'll try

Retry it on a clean version of 1.6, without trying to patch. If the problem is gone, then you patched it incorrectly.

It's working but now when i play test I can't see the character sprite!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back