• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Personal Fire Red

Years
  • Seen today
Hey just wondering if you plan on releasing a future updates section so we can see what you are working / plan to implement / have ideas of implementing
I have actually made a .txt note about what I plan to add in the future. But most of the plans are not decided yet, or I'm still figuring out how to do. So I decided to just keep it to myself.
But here are what I have in mind:
Spoiler:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
if possible could youmake the sevii islands better overall? There is barely any reason to go through that save for EXP grinding before the pokemon league in the base game as well as the expansion to the national pokedex. The Trainer Hill tower is a real weak post-game IMO, would be nice to have a proper battle frontier experience on top of additional story content for the islands.

Years
  • Seen today
Awesome, thanks for sharing!
You're Welcome!

if possible could youmake the sevii islands better overall? There is barely any reason to go through that save for EXP grinding before the pokemon league in the base game as well as the expansion to the national pokedex. The Trainer Hill tower is a real weak post-game IMO, would be nice to have a proper battle frontier experience on top of additional story content for the islands.
Agreed, personally I also want to make Sevii Island better! Adding the Battle Frontrier is surely a great idea. But to be honest, I'm just a beginner and not skilled enough to implement a proper Battle Frontrier post-game. At least CFRU made the Trainer Tower a little bit more interesting.

So far, to give us more reason to go to Sevii Island, I have made
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen today
New Update:
- Created and updated overworld sprites of Mega Stones
- Fixed multi item registers
- Added Electirizer, Magmarizer, Protector, Dubious Disc, Razor Claw, Razor Fang, Oval Stone to Celadon Dept Store

FkbMTeW.png
jWgMZoT.png

Last edited:
Days
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Congratulations on the fantastic work on this HR. I have a question about two items... The Dragon Scale... How is it obtained? Same with Metal Coat... Where to locate? I noticed that these two were not added to the celadon dpt store

Years
  • Seen today
How did you make multiple roamers?
Sorry, I missed this question from you. I used this CFRU feature to make multiple roamers, and replaced the InitRoamer inside Celio's script.

Inside that page you can also find a lot of information about HUBOL, which is the base I used to make Personal Fire Red.

Congratulations on the fantastic work on this HR. I have a question about two items... The Dragon Scale... How is it obtained? Same with Metal Coat... Where to locate? I noticed that these two were not added to the celadon dpt store
Thank you!
I didn't add both Dragon Scale and Metal Coat to the Celadon Dept Store because they are obtainable in the original game (same with Upgrade and King's Rock).
Dragon Scale is obtainable on the Water Path and Trainer Tower (repeatable).
Metal Coat is obtainable on the Memorial Pillar and Trainer Tower (repeatable).

Last edited:
Days
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Sorry, I missed this question from you. I used this CFRU feature to make multiple roamers, and replaced the InitRoamer inside Celio's script.

Inside that page you can also find a lot of information about HUBOL, which is the base I used to make Personal Fire Red. Finally, I want to share my scripts just in case you are wondering how I implemented other things.

Thank you!
I didn't add both Dragon Scale and Metal Coat to the Celadon Dept Store because they are obtainable in the original game (same with Upgrade and King's Rock).
Dragon Scale is obtainable on the Water Path and Trainer Tower (repeatable).
Metal Coat is obtainable on the Memorial Pillar and Trainer Tower (repeatable).
Thanks for the reply!! Another thing I noticed was that I didn't locate Magmar on Mt Ember... Is it somewhere else?

Years
  • Seen today
Thanks for the reply!! Another thing I noticed was that I didn't locate Magmar on Mt Ember... Is it somewhere else?
You're Welcome!
It is in the Mt. Ember, but only in this specific area with a 5% chance of encounter..
fjO2jCc.png
Ghmx9LX.png

Which is a bit low in my opinion.

I might adjust the encounter rate later, so it becomes more reasonable.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Some suggestions:

Make TMs reusable

Make HM moves deletable

Display IV (1-31 number or E-S rank) in pokemon stat screen

Display nature colora in pokemon stat screen (red for increased stats and blue for decreased stat)

NPC or item for changing nature

Make HM moves outside battle be usable without teaching it / or add itens for replace HM using outside battle

I think all those features are great and all roms should have it.

Besides that, this is rom very good. Thank you

Years
  • Seen today
Thank you for all the suggestions!

Make TMs reusable

Make HM moves deletable

Display nature colora in pokemon stat screen (red for increased stats and blue for decreased stat)
In the current patch, TMs are already reusable, and HM moves are deletable.
Nature colors in the stats screen are also already implemented.
3RY19Sq.png

Display IV (1-31 number or E-S rank) in pokemon stat screen
For IV display, I actually plan to implement a separate screen that also displays Pokémon's base stats and EV. Might be ready for the next patch.
dPTfVh1.png

NPC or item for changing nature

Make HM moves outside battle be usable without teaching it / or add itens for replace HM using outside battle
Unfortunately for those 2 features, I don't know how to implement them yet.

Is there exp all or any cheats that I can use?
Since I used HUBOL DPE/CFRU, I don't think cheats for the original FireRed will work. But this hack allows us to take advantage of the IV perfecter NPC, and also the mushrooms NPC for infinite money source.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen today
New Update:
  • Added Reaper Cloth to Celadon Dept Store
  • Added mad scientist Kyouma who sells Ability items
  • Made Mystic Ticket to be obtainable
  • Fixed Trainer Class names
  • Added Dex Nav
  • Move Relearner teaches moves of any level
  • Improved Champion rematch Pokémon
  • Increased Magmar's encounter rate
  • Added Johto Pokémon to Sevii Island
    Spoiler:
  • Added IV & EV display in summary screen

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Days
  • Seen today
This hack is perfect!! I am loving my playthroughs through it, and hope to make a hack with it as the base soon. For some suggestions of other things that could make it even better
- Adding an Egg Move tutor and/or allowing for breeding in the Kanto Daycare
- Easier DexNav for cave/water encounters
- Trainer Tower evo items available during the main story

Also a TM location list would be helpful as I see some TMs (like Game Corner ones) have been moved to other places

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen yesterday
This. Is. Awesome!
If it were possible to add the remaining Mega Pokémon and the Nature Mints, this would be perfect.

One thing I would like to suggest: at least as of now, the starters are the only Megas. Maybe the rival could Mega Evolve their starter too?

And speaking of the rival (and Giovanni), it would make sense if they used Rhyperior on their teams, at least for the final battle.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen today
This hack is perfect!! I am loving my playthroughs through it, and hope to make a hack with it as the base soon. For some suggestions of other things that could make it even better
- Adding an Egg Move tutor and/or allowing for breeding in the Kanto Daycare
- Easier DexNav for cave/water encounters
- Trainer Tower evo items available during the main story
But sorry, I don't know how to modify the Kanto Daycare or the DexNav yet...

Regarding the Trainer Tower evo items, I think I will add them to the Celadon Dept Store for earlier access in the next update.

Also a TM location list would be helpful as I see some TMs (like Game Corner ones) have been moved to other places
Thank you for the great idea to list the TM location changes!
And I found that some TMs are not even in the game. The changes will be listed in the documentation file.

This. Is. Awesome!
If it were possible to add the remaining Mega Pokémon and the Nature Mints, this would be perfect.
Actually, I'm still thinking about where to place the other Mega Stones if I decide to add them to the game.
And unfortunately, I don't know how to implement NPC or items to change Nature yet...

One thing I would like to suggest: at least as of now, the starters are the only Megas. Maybe the rival could Mega Evolve their starter too?
It's actually on the list of things I consider to change, would be cool when both can Mega Evolve.

And speaking of the rival (and Giovanni), it would make sense if they used Rhyperior on their teams, at least for the final battle.
This is also on the list of things I consider to change. I mean, why would Giovanni's highest level Pokémon be an unevolved form?
But instead of Rhyperior, I wanted to change the stronger Rhyhorn to Rhydon.

Years
  • Seen today
New Update:
- Champion rematch Pokémon level will match party's highest level (now he serves as the superboss)
- Fixed some duplicate and unobtainable TMs (and Pickup may now pick up Lum Berry instead of TM10)
- Updated Gym Leader Giovanni's Pokémon
- Added King's Rock, Metal Coat, Dragon Scale, Upgrade to Celadon Dept Store

Days
  • Seen today
Awesome game, was a fun time playing!

Attachments

• 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) (patched).png
    1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) (patched).png
    12.4 KB · Views: 6
Back