• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pet peeves

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Filthy restrooms (even the bathroom in our house)
    Whining kids
    Status effects in Pokemon
    People who cannot operate their turn signals
    People who let their dogs run loose
    Typos and misspellings in "professional" published literature and web sites

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
    People that talk really loudly when I'm trying to read a book or watch a program I really like. Yes I'm looking at you drunken adults of my family who are always around when I'm attempting to watch Doctor Who.

Last Saturday I ended up saying "You know, there's a reason I turned the volume up."

Italics twice in one post. Woo. o_o

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    Since I started driving, I realized I have a lot of driving pet peeves.

People who don't use turn signals.
    People who tailgate.
    People who drive slower than the speed limit.
    People who pass me when I am driving the speed limit. xD
    People who go around you on the shoulder of the road if you're waiting for cars to pass before turning. Is there something wrong with being patient?

Oh and my mom is a total backseat driver, which pisses me off a lot of times. She doesn't even have a licence.

For every day life, there's just way too many. O_O

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2010
    When people ask me a question they already know the asnwer to. Like, "hey are drinking water?" when I am holding a clear glass with water in it. Obviously...

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    ... It really bothers me when people Whistle.
    It's a strange pet peeve that I just cannot stand.. I end up feeling insanely irritated.

I can't stand whistling either. Or tapping of fingers on a desk. Or someone tapping their foot. Or people humming. Or playing music in such a place that you're forced to listen to it (such as in your own home late at night when you're trying to sleep).

I also can't stand when people don't look at dishes before putting them away amongst the clean dishes. Sometimes they've been poorly washed... sometimes they haven't been washed at all! I sometimes find dishes with big lumps of dried in food on them.

NOOBLMAO

Woosh
    Years
    Since I started driving, I realized I have a lot of driving pet peeves.

People who don't use turn signals.
    People who tailgate.
    People who drive slower than the speed limit.
    People who pass me when I am driving the speed limit. xD
    People who go around you on the shoulder of the road if you're waiting for cars to pass before turning. Is there something wrong with being patient?

Oh and my mom is a total backseat driver, which pisses me off a lot of times. She doesn't even have a licence.

For every day life, there's just way too many. O_O
    You have to imagine that all the other drivers are toddlers in powerwheels.
    Pet peeves

See, he's not even watching where he's going.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    → Really emotional people
    → most little kids
    → when my brother leaves my consoles on for days on end
    → roommates who cannot figure out what goes in the garbage and what is recycling
    → dogs
    → roommates who get their dogs all excited and then leave them in their cage and leave for several hours so the dog howls the whole time they're gone
    → roommates who borrow my things and ignore all attempts to get them back
    → roommates who play movies really loud at 4am everyday
    → people who cannot let go of a pointless issue
    → people who start conversations with me and then get annoyed when I don't have much else to say after "hi" "hi" "how are you?" "good, you?" "good thanks". :|

I used to hate obvious questions too but my friend/roommate (no the one from above) asks them so often that I've had to get used to it. Now I just make fun of him for it.

I suppose I could just condense that list to like 4 things if I just put "awful roommates" but oh well.

uskelly

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • MN
    • Seen Jun 4, 2011
    -Cars that honk at you
    -When ice cream drips out of the bottom of a sugar cone.
    -Dirty Keybourds and Pianos
    -Uncomfortable chairs.
    -CHASING AFTER A FOOTBALL!
    -Lopsided Basketballs...

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    My biggest of all is electric windows in cars — can't get it to the right height, accidentally move it if you lean to the side, they're more prone to break and harder to repair. I also find the mentality that one could be lazy enough that they couldn't give a handle about eight turns rather disturbing. At that, I'm not sure why anyone felt windows even need winding down in the first place, the ones you can simply unlock and slide to the side are the best.

I find all modern cars (say, built within the last fifteen years) in general to be very unergonomic really... I'll avoid that rant, it could go on for many pages.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I have more:

People who wear smelly stuff - perfumes, deodorants, aftershaves, etc. in such high doses it stinks up the whole place. It really goes for my throat and eyes (and sometimes, by the looks of things, it goes for other people's eyes too when you start seeing people go all teary). Then people who spray hairspray in public toilets! That's the worst. They give a long spray, then run and hide from it leaving you sitting in a cubicle to deal with it. Hairspray is REALLY HARSH stuff.

Aside from it being an unpleasant irritation, if you breathe that stuff in often enough it coats your lungs in a toxic chemical film. Gets in your bloodstream. Affects your brain and body. Makes you dumb and slow and prone to headaches.

Years
    - The drama the girls at my school exert in public. I mean... they're too young to be thinking about boyfriends anyways, the least they can do is not complain about it in the girl's restroom or in the middle of campus. I don't see why they should suck us into their personal lives. Not only that, they exaggerate and say things like, "OMG MY LIFE IS LIKE OVER". Okay, I'm pretty sure you can survive two minutes without the guy, come on.

Okay, I'm done... ^^;
    Sorry, I might've been a bit too unsympathetic, but I just see it everyday, and I just can't stand it anymore.

- Um, oh yeah, and when people think they're all that. They're not the only people in this world, I wish they'd just stop acting like it was.

>.> The first one is the one that annoys me more

Last edited:

Dubstep

Goes bump in the night
    Years
    I was in a coffeeshop this morning, and I went up to the display case a couple feet from the register to ponder buying a scone or such. The barista stops what she's doing and comes up to the counter to greet me. I say hello and go back to looking at the case.

She stands there.

And waits.

And stares for the whole 2-3 minutes I'm there before I get uncomfortable and decide to go someplace else. Staring and paying attention to customers are two completely different things.

That is my new pet peeve.

Last edited:

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    When people say " 'nuff said " ... Are you too stupid to actually think of an explanation?
    Let me answer that, yes.

Also when people say "loose" instead of "lose". Like "I hope I don't loose this game"
    So freakin' annoying.

OR when people think there is an 'a' in definitely.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    I like to feed my pet peeves luxurious food so that their coats grow nice and shiny, so that I can enter them in Peeve Shows and do tricks and hopefully win the first place ribbon!

no really tho my biggest pet peeve is ppl who talk like this i mean why do they not use ne punctuation or capitals it is just so wrong pie is delicious yes it is

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    no really tho my biggest pet peeve is ppl who talk like this i mean why do they not use ne punctuation or capitals it is just so wrong pie is delicious yes it is

this only encourages me

i have a lot of "obsessive compulsive quirks" you might say but a real notable peeve of mine is when the toilet paper runs out and the person who used the bathroom last leaves the brown cylinder on the handle

also aggressively haughty people there are a lot of those here

Back