• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Phione moveset

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2007
    I just got a phione and thought it would be a cool pokemon to try ev training and moveset planning with (since i've never done this seriously before), plus it seems like the kind of poke that people would get annoyed getting beat by. I'd like to use it for my eventual battle tower and wifi team.

Quick questions
    >phione isn't a legendary, right?
    >can i breed it with a ditto that has an everstone attached to get the nature i want?

I was thinking a nature that boosts speed. I'm going to give it rain dance of course to take advantage of it's ability hydration.

For the other moves i was thinking acid armor to raise defense, ice beam or u-turn to deal with its grass weakness, and either surf or waterfall. Thoughts? Suggestions? Also, how hard would it be to get a hidden power ground so i can deal with the electric weakness?

Sphere

Mystic Crystal
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2008
    Phione is a legendary, but is not an uber (Manaphy isn't either). Meaning people will be even more annoyed getting beaten by it. And you can use it in the Battle Tower, don't worry.

I don't believe you can use the Everstone Ditto to get the nature you want. It only works with strictly female Pokemon, unfortunately (or so I think).

Phione @ Leftovers / Damp Rock
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    Trait: Hydration
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Rest
    - Rain Dance

Attacking set. I don't know what exactly Timid will help it outrun, so I guess Bold or Calm or Modest for longevity (lol) or extra power could help. I'd use Modest or Timid, personally, on an attacking set like this one. The item is up to you - health each turn, or more turns to use Rest and immediately wake up. I think that Leftovers are more useful in the long run, but like I said, it's up to you. Don't breed for Hidden Power [Ground] since it has a max base power of 70. STAB Surf has about 135 base power. That means that it is as powerful as a super-effective max power Hidden Power [Ground], which you are already very unlikely to get (especially since you need to get a good nature as well). The only thing that Hidden Power [Ground] is more effective against than Surf or Ice Beam is Lanturn and Pokemon with Water Absorb / Dry Skin ability like Vaporeon and Toxicroak. It's not worth it.

I can't help with EV's, I'm afraid. =(

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2007
    Bump.
    Is a full attacking set the only way to go?

How about...

Phione (Careful)
    Dive
    Rain Dance
    Supersonic
    U-Turn

Last edited:
    Back