• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

phpbb help

StarBurst

I > U = Old
Years
  • You can also use the Acid Tech style which automatically allows attachments in posts.

Charizard Master 2003

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • sorry for the double post, but I am having more trouble.

I am trying to access my forum via my host, 100webspace, and I get a message saying "You do not have permission to access this from this server," or some bull crap like that.

anybody know how I can fix this?

once I get everything straightened out, this will be one big forum which will merge all my past forum/Web site projects together.

here are some of my past Web site categories: anime (my current one), South Park, wrestling, cheats (for games of course), Mega Man, and Spider-Man.

that was just a little preview of the site that's to come in the somewhat distant future (if I can ever get the right stuff to get a paid host).

Charizard Master 2003

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • for some reason, I can't seem to figure out how to do that.

if somebody wants to help with that, I would highly appreciate it.

the first person (that can actually help) that PMs me will get the job.

MalafeX

Typhlosion #1 fan
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    why don't you use a remotly hosted phpbb forum, there is some that already come with hacks and a lot of skin install.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • You need an FTP browser that's capable of CHMOD'ing. SmartFTP is such a browser, go Google it. Log in to your FTP with SmartFTP, then right click on the folder with phpBB, then click Properties/CHMOD (mine is public_html because my forum is there). You'll see the following screen:

phpbb help

Set it up so yours looks like this, then click OK.

If that fails, all I can suggest is that you switch to another forum. Remotely hosted forums are usually a bad idea, so you should keep it on your server. As for what you should use, a personal favourite of mine is SMF. It's really easy to set up. :)

Years
  • Charizard Master 2003 said:
    I'm using SmartFTP and I still can't figure it out.

this is annoying the hell out of me!

I'm considering cancelling the whole project.
    Just right click on the file folder.
    There should be an option called "CHMOD".
    Then set it up like in the picture Airashii has posted.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Ok than so I downloaded SmartFTP as well.And I do'nt know how to do antyhign as well.....

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    www.mybboard.com <- It's called install myBB really.

It excels over phpBB, without having to install mods. I mean...you can always waste a whole day installing modifications to get a decent board, then install some templates...

Or you can just be smart and get the most full-featured bulletinboard out there ;D

And really, that's my honest suggestion for both of you. phpBB isn't worth your time. If myBB's not up your alley, check out SMF or Mercury Board.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Meh I guess I'll just have to deal with myBB.I could get a remotely hosted phpBB but I wanted one with my own server.I guess it is'nt worth it.I'll just get a myBB.

Back