• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pike Queen's Artwork

Pike Queen

La Exorcista
Years
  • Seeing the artwork of a few others has inspired me to post mine. :) I simply draw as a hobby, nothing fancy. However, constructive criticism is always appreciated! So, here goes:

Blue (Female) from Pokespe manga:

Pike Queen's Artwork

Crystal from Pokespe manga (I screwed up her collar ;(.):

Pike Queen's Artwork

Silver from Pokespe manga:

Pike Queen's Artwork

Green (Male) from Pokespe manga:

Pike Queen's Artwork

Yellow from Pokespe manga:

Pike Queen's Artwork

Silver and Blue from Pokespe manga:

Pike Queen's Artwork

Princess Peach line art:

Pike Queen's Artwork

My "rendition" of Shadow Queen Peach from Paper Mario 2:

Pike Queen's Artwork

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    Have you considered using a fine point sharpie or fine felt pen to do your lines?
    I see your lines are slightly jagged, and I used to have a problem with that primarily because I had a difficult time getting the ink to go over the pencil smoothly. It's a lot easier if you use a fine point sharpie or felt pen.

I can't really critique the anatomy much because it seems to just be following the Pokemon manga-type style pretty well! The only thing I feel I need to point out is Crystal's jacket. If the collar of her jacket is brought around to her chest, the rest of the jacket should follow.. Or the collar should be on the side behind her boob with the rest of the jacket.. I'm not articulating very well, but do you understand what I mean? I do see that you acknowledge that the collar is misplaced in your caption though, so that's good!

Pike Queen

La Exorcista
    Years
  • Have you considered using a fine point sharpie or fine felt pen to do your lines?
    I see your lines are slightly jagged, and I used to have a problem with that primarily because I had a difficult time getting the ink to go over the pencil smoothly. It's a lot easier if you use a fine point sharpie or felt pen.

I can't really critique the anatomy much because it seems to just be following the Pokemon manga-type style pretty well! The only thing I feel I need to point out is Crystal's jacket. If the collar of her jacket is brought around to her chest, the rest of the jacket should follow.. Or the collar should be on the side behind her boob with the rest of the jacket.. I'm not articulating very well, but do you understand what I mean? I do see that you acknowledge that the collar is misplaced in your caption though, so that's good!

Ah, I will consider doing that, thanks. :) It's just difficult because I have to erase so much. I've always had that problem. I would love to be able to get by with much less erasing.

Yes, I understand what you mean. I plan to redo the Crystal artwork one day because it just kills me a little bit on the inside every time I look at it, haha.

Thanks for your tips, Batty!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    Ah, I will consider doing that, thanks. :) It's just difficult because I have to erase so much. I've always had that problem. I would love to be able to get by with much less erasing.

Yes, I understand what you mean. I plan to redo the Crystal artwork one day because it just kills me a little bit on the inside every time I look at it, haha.

Thanks for your tips, Batty!
    Yeah I also find myself having to erase. One thing you might do is line your sketch with a black marker and trace it onto another paper. But I know a lot of people don't do that because they consider it "cheating," but I don't find something wrong with tracing your own work. If you do that you won't have a lot of erase-y lines.

The Crystal picture is very nice besides the collar mess-up.

Pike Queen

La Exorcista
    Years
  • Yeah I also find myself having to erase. One thing you might do is line your sketch with a black marker and trace it onto another paper. But I know a lot of people don't do that because they consider it "cheating," but I don't find something wrong with tracing your own work. If you do that you won't have a lot of erase-y lines.

The Crystal picture is very nice besides the collar mess-up.

Good suggestion. Nah, I don't see it as cheating at all. It's your own work. I consider it "perfecting". I just might start doing that.

Thanks! ^_^

Back