• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixel Art Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam_148

Pokemon Master
Years
  • I made all the Kanto starter Pokemon and their evolutions into mechanical Pokemon
    Here they are:
    Pixel Art Lounge

Years
  • adamski148 said:
    I made all the Kanto starter Pokemon and their evolutions into mechanical Pokemon
    Here they are:
    Pixel Art Lounge

Er...those don't look very mechanical, actually. They look like pokemon that have simply been recolored to shades of white and gray/green - and not done the best, either, as I can see the outline colors of the original sprites. Except in maybe a few cases, outlines always need to be recolored as well whenever sprites are recolored. I think I see a spot or two on some of those sprites where a color's been missed, also (tip of charizard's tail, for one).

If you wanted them to look mechanical, then, at the very least, use a more neutral gray for the main color. That light greenish-gray color doesn't give the impression of "mechanical" at all.

To make them look even more mechanical than that, then...hm...make them seem like they're made out of pieces by putting some lines at various places where things bend on the sprite (like on shoulders, tails...etc). Best example there (though not the best example I would've liked to have) would be like how blastoise's arms and legs look - I know that's how they originally looked, but they're close to what I'm talking about. Perhaps also try to do more things like what's been done on the charizard's stomach - that is, using circles to show stuff like screws.

Meh...I'd probably have an easier time if I had an example to show instead of trying to explain it, but I don't have any examples on me...not at the moment, anyways.

Years
  • adamski148 said:
    Well they were meant to be metallic versions of the originals, and I forgot to change the outlines.

Ah. In that case, my comment about the color still stands. ^_^ Though to go more in-depth about that - darken the colors a bit, except for the highlights, so that the highlights stand out more. That ought to give a better metallic effect...hopefully.

Izzy

=O
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2006
    Pixel Art Lounge

Pixel Art Lounge

Pixel Art Lounge

Pixel Art Lounge

I hate the first one. It was stupid to shade the shirt like that. -_- But I'm not going back and changing it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I love the smilies being as Umbreon is one of my favorite pokemon,the other look fine other then the fusion thing;the shading is awkward on it. XD

Years
  • Goatman56 said:
    Another update to the skittles. Now I just need someone to make the attacks for these 2 poses -_-. https://img344.imageshack.us/img344/751/skittles7qv.png

The second-to-last pose...the ones with the skittles having their hands in front...makes me think that they're about to start dancing or something. XD

adamski148 said:
    I've made my own custom sprite it's the first I have ever done and it needs a name and I need It to be rated
    Pixel Art Lounge

It either needs more black, or at least a darker color, for the outline. There's also quite a bit of color bleeding that needs to be fixed - around the stripes, the eye, the wing, and various other parts of the sprite.

Izzy said:
    I hate the first one. It was stupid to shade the shirt like that. -_- But I'm not going back and changing it.

Hm...I don't see anything wrong with the two human sprites...those look okay to me. I like the dog thing, though it could use a darker color to outline the highlighted area on its tail. Without looking closely, it looks like that area has no outline. ^_^;; Oh, and the one ear looks like it's backwards...

Those emoticons...I like the "o_O" ones the best. XD That makes for such a humorous expression...

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Meh,PC was lagging and I was bored:
    Pixel Art Lounge
    Couldn't get the shading on the red thing suit me but oh well.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    alex: yey starmie..one of my favorites...it owns sooo much, you've improved tonns this month

anyways advance generation james
    Pixel Art Lounge

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • I finished the pre-evo of Pashtun. I think it was DarkPegasus that suggested making it? :\ Anywho, I'm on my way to work now, but I'll post it later tonight. ;)

And oh yeah, you can see another new scratch of mine below in the MegaDex. Thorcolt, although I need to edit it a little yet. Comments?

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I'lla wait till you post it...I'm hoping to be impressed

anyways anyone got any comments for james?

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    megafu: heavy edit...it was bill, i used him as a base for height and pose...only I hated his arm so I fied it, the legs were a quick edit on a cool trainer and then i put it together...re-done it to make it look more like james...so yeah, a heavy edit...I intend to do jessie next

Years
  • zero-hunter x7 said:
    I made this one for a contest on serebii recently.
    Pixel Art Lounge

That...could be better. It looks "cluttered", though that's not what's wrong with it. It has the same problem that a lot of beginner's sprites have - that is, the outlines haven't been recolored, at least not for the whole sprite. The suicune "ribbons" and the fire need to have a different outline color...especially that fire, as the bright red doesn't go too well with that gray color.

Also, the gold headpiece really needs a proper outline around it. Putting a non-outlined thing on an outlined sprite doesn't make it look too good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back