• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixel Art Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega Latios

Whhheeee... *shot'd*
    Years
    Ultimate Latios said:
    Pixel Art Lounge

Pixel Art Lounge

Pixel Art Lounge

Pixel Art Lounge

Pixel Art Lounge

Pixel Art Lounge

Pixel Art Lounge

Can Someone Rate Them? Nobody Rated Them Yet :(

Years
    hey, i'm just here and thanks for rating my sprites, i've also got news in my sig theres a new awesome spriters resource check it out for me please oh and the sprites aren't that good i like the last one though.

Years
    @Sykora: Looks good. ^_^ That purplish outline around the hair makes it (the hair) look fuzzy, though...

@Ultimate Latios: Hm...don't see too much wrong with the second, fourth, fifth, and sixth ones...however, for the other ones:

First one: Whenever you have a colored outline, make sure that the colors of the outline go along with the colors on the sprite itself. That is, darker colors and/or black should be put on the side of the sprite farthest away from the light source.

Third one: Anatomy's already been mentioned for the sprites, so...yeah. The shading on this could also be worked on - the main problem is that the head has four different colors on it, while the rest of the body from the neck down has only three. The lack of that fourth color on the rest of the body makes it look...eh, unbalanced is the word that comes to mind.

Last one: The outline looks a little choppy on the ear/whatever thing on the left. The outline of the claws also shouldn't have been left black like that...they stick out too much against the lighter colors of the rest of the outline.

I do like the little ditto and nosepass, though - they're cute, and the way they were shaded, especially on the ditto, makes them look shiny. ^_^

~

And now for things of mine.

This first sprite...I need to stop picking at it for now and just post it:

Pixel Art Lounge

Red/Blue-version styled quilava. All custom (except for the colors, which I swiped from another sprite). I don't think I quite got the r/b style, but then again...I did only a quick study of the official sprites. O_o I'm still picking at it, so if anybody notices anything off with it, please tell me and I'll try to correct it if it wasn't intentional. :P I already see a few things that bug me...like the ear on the right (blends in too much with the black there...that's what I get for having only four colors available, though), and the back end looks a bit off.

I don't know why I even started that, since I have like four or five other things I'm working on as well. I need to focus on one thing, darnit!

And also: boredom makes me devamp random old sprites of mine.

Pixel Art Lounge

My sprite of my fake pokemon Chickapo, put into g/s-styled color. Though it's not quite g/s-style, but whatever. Green from larvitar, gray from steelix...and here's my original sprite to compare it to:

Pixel Art Lounge

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 1, 2024
    :dead: Holy ****. cool stuff cowrie, how are you so good at spriting and art and other stuff, i want your talent you 22(is you 22 or 21) yr old :bandit:.................you smell :(

PWNAGE FROM COWRIE

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Cowrie said:
    And also: boredom makes me devamp random old sprites of mine.

Pixel Art Lounge

My sprite of my fake pokemon Chickapo, put into g/s-styled color. Though it's not quite g/s-style, but whatever. Green from larvitar, gray from steelix...and here's my original sprite to compare it to:

Pixel Art Lounge

Looks good to me :\ Two thumbs way up. :P

gothsinn23

PC's Biggest Terra Fan. ^^
    Years
    Yes, you're sprites are pretty awesome Cowrie. They so pwn mine -sigh-

Anymoo, I did a line of Rapidash re-vamps. Y'all can rate it if you want..

Pixel Art Lounge [The second one is my favorite. xD]

Last edited:

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    gothsinn23 said:
    Yes, you're sprites are pretty awesome Cowrie. They so pwn mine -sigh-

Anymoo, I did a line of Rapidash re-vamps. Y'all can rate it if you want..

Pixel Art Lounge [The second one is my favorite. xD]

They look good to me. The last one looks weak, but yeah...not your fault. :P

Years
    Hi!!
    Today, in the morning I was bored, and I begined to do a Greek warrior(Achilles =p)
    Sprite:
    Pixel Art Lounge

I would like, if someone can help me to carry out the last touches, and to add him some sword or throws.
    The one that be able, it would be thanked too much^^

Omega Latios

Whhheeee... *shot'd*
    Years
    BassX said:
    Can someone rate my sprites:

Pixel Art Lounge
    Pixel Art Lounge
    Pixel Art Lounge
    Pixel Art Lounge
    Pixel Art Lounge
    Pixel Art Lounge
    Pixel Art Lounge
    Pixel Art Lounge
    Pixel Art Lounge
    Pixel Art Lounge
    Pixel Art Lounge
    Pixel Art Lounge

Hmm... No Offnence But Shading Sucs. There Is Also Some Problem Whit The Outlines. By The Way, You Should Add More Parts To Them To Make Them Look Better Fusions. 5/10

Years
    Budgie_boy said:
    Please rate this pokemon sprite I did.

It's one that that I remade cos the original (done by jeff pk_Light) wasn't styled like an actual pokemon.
    It's a good attempt at one...though if you want it to look more like an actual pokemon sprite, then it needs more in the way of colored outlines. You had the right idea with the outline of the green color - it's just that the yellow spikes (?) look like they need the same thing done to them...

gothsinn23

PC's Biggest Terra Fan. ^^
    Years
    megafuz said:
    They look good to me. The last one looks weak, but yeah...not your fault. :P
    Heh xD, thanks for your comments. I love re-vamps, much more than de-vamps. They come easier to me.

I made a few spin-offs of Rapidash. They're just horses, recoloured and I added different parts and manes.

Pixel Art Lounge

Rating is appreciated..

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    gothsinn23 said:
    Heh xD, thanks for your comments. I love re-vamps, much more than de-vamps. They come easier to me.

I made a few spin-offs of Rapidash. They're just horses, recoloured and I added different parts and manes.

Pixel Art Lounge

Rating is appreciated..

I don't give ratings but...

The anatomy on the front curled leg is really off. The anatomy on the hooves could be improved as well. The shading could use major work, because it seems like there are multiple light sources. For example, the dark shading on the front of the neck and on the head isn't consistent with the front of the shading on the mane and legs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back