• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixel Art Portfolio.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Pixel Art:

_____________________Click To View
    Pixel Art Portfolio. Pixel Art Portfolio. Pixel Art Portfolio. Pixel Art Portfolio.
    Pixel Art Portfolio.

Fakemon
    / Pokemon:

_____Click To View
    Pixel Art Portfolio.

Pixel Art Portfolio.
    Pixel Art Portfolio.
    Pixel Art Portfolio.

Pixel Art Portfolio.
    Pixel Art Portfolio.
    Pixel Art Portfolio.

Scrapbox
    :
    ps: If anything, I would prefer critique on these sprites.

Pixel Art Portfolio.
    Pixel Art Portfolio.
    Pixel Art Portfolio.

Thanks for coming.

Do not Steal.
    The sprites made here are for personal use only.
    And Please no requests.

Last edited:

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • Okay.

First of all, the trainer sprite. I tried to fix the right leg, bu then something came about the head and, well...Harry was 'eh' about the whole thing, so I ended up taking some time on it:
    Pixel Art Portfolio.

The chibi soldier is cute, nothing there to fix, really =]

Finally, the grenade. Pretty cool! the only thing I would say is that the smiley catcher makes it look off on the whole. If I were you I would either place it hanging in midair or completely remove it from the grenade.

Glad to see your thread Max, I hope you share your future art here, too =D

edit: FIEN THEN I HAD PERMISSION THROUGH MSN

And I didn't know about the grenade.

Last edited:

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • The Cool Trainer head looks just a bit too big for the body it's on. Also, the size, angle, or maybe lack of outlines make it hard to tell what's going on with the torso. Is that an orange shirt under a white shirt? Is it just a design on the shirt.. Or something hanging from the bag strap?

I like the Bad Company grenade, nothing to say about that. I really like the style of the small sprite sheet, but it's hard to tell exactly what's happening in the second animation. Is an empty magazine being ejected from a gun, or..?

edit: CJ, if you edit peoples' sprites without it being clear that you have permission, it will set a bad example...

Also, the grenade is from Battlefield: Bad Company. It's supposed to look like that.

Last edited:

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • The Cool Trainer head looks just a bit too big for the body it's on. Also, the size, angle, or maybe lack of outlines make it hard to tell what's going on with the torso. Is that an orange shirt under a white shirt? Is it just a design on the shirt.. Or something hanging from the bag strap?

I like the Bad Company grenade, nothing to say about that. I really like the style of the small sprite sheet, but it's hard to tell exactly what's happening in the second animation. Is an empty magazine being ejected from a gun, or..?

edit: CJ, if you edit peoples' sprites without it being clear that you have permission, it will set a bad example...

Also, the grenade is from Battlefield: Bad Company. It's supposed to look like that.

The second animation is a reload... I think... Im not too good with guns >;o
    I still need to figure out how to get a running animation in there since the sprite is so small its kind of hard .___.'

I'll try reducing the size of the head later and put some outlines on the white jacket to distinguish from the red shirt.
    Thanks for the critique~

Edit:
    I decided to add more to the scrapbox:

Pixel Art Portfolio.

Last edited:

Alignment

Revered with the stars
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Wow all of those are really good, I especially like the Bee-warrior one. Looks awesome. I'm really impressed and stunned by your sprites. Maybe you should change the trainers abit? The leg looks abit off. how about something like this, with a little less dithering:

ttp://i39.tinypic.com/2w3bz1f.png

I'm not allowed to post URLs till i get 15 posts, so just add an "h" to the address :)

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • Wow all of those are really good, I especially like the Bee-warrior one. Looks awesome. I'm really impressed and stunned by your sprites. Maybe you should change the trainers abit? The leg looks abit off. how about something like this, with a little less dithering:

ttp://i39.tinypic.com/2w3bz1f.png

I'm not allowed to post URLs till i get 15 posts, so just add an "h" to the address :)
    Honestly without the dithering it is way too dark of a color.
    Either way it still looks the same.
    But I appreciate the comment~
    EDIT:
    Pixel Art Portfolio.

Game mockup.
    Click for double size.

Last edited:

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • I decided to add more to the scrapbox:

Pixel Art Portfolio.
    That's damn great. Unless you're doing this on a prefixed font, I suggest that you add some hole effect on 'e'. But it looks as sparkly as it should :3

Pixel Art Portfolio.

Game mockup.
    Click for double size.
    Simple, yet creative. One thing, you can either make the player walk lower or put less tileplates on the floor (maybe 1 line less), and I guess it would be great!

P.S: is that green bar below the head the torch's battery?

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • That's damn great. Unless you're doing this on a prefixed font, I suggest that you add some hole effect on 'e'. But it looks as sparkly as it should :3

Simple, yet creative. One thing, you can either make the player walk lower or put less tileplates on the floor (maybe 1 line less), and I guess it would be great!

P.S: is that green bar below the head the torch's battery?
    Nah I feel that the E looks fine as is, maybe adds a bit more laziness creativity into the sprite.

Nah the hero looks fine as he is to me.
    I already told you on msn though I just want to make it clear,
    THAT IS NOT A TORCH, ITS A FLASHLITE
    Pixel Art Portfolio.

Thanks~

Zirkle38

Insert Epithet.
    Years
  • Nah I feel that the E looks fine as is, maybe adds a bit more laziness creativity into the sprite.

Nah the hero looks fine as he is to me.
    I already told you on msn though I just want to make it clear,
    THAT IS NOT A TORCH, ITS A FLASHLITE
    Pixel Art Portfolio.

Thanks~

I like the 'e'. I think putting a circle thing would make it look less simple, and less is more, etc.
    And a note on the flashlight - you didn't answer the question d:
    So now I'm curious, is it the battery life?

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • I like the 'e'. I think putting a circle thing would make it look less simple, and less is more, etc.
    And a note on the flashlight - you didn't answer the question d:
    So now I'm curious, is it the battery life?
    Yeah its battery life.
    *Reason why*
    If I plan on making this game mockup into an actual game the areas you will be exploring in will almost always be dark. So you will need your flashlight, your flashlite has battery life though so you will have to find battery's in the area or else it will go pitch black and you will have to explore with barley any light. :3

Alignment

Revered with the stars
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Pixel Art Portfolio.

This took about 3 days to make .___.'
    I love the concept though.
    CC IS RECOMMENDED.

Great, just one thing. The coffee is falling off towards the right, but the way its sprited looks as if its gonna fall from the left as well. Think of pouring water from a cup, the water level on the oppisite side should be lower that the side that the liquid is falling from. Other than that, I like the concept as well as the expression :D

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • Pixel Art Portfolio.

Time to come out of my slump.
    Made it 80x80 so all you rom hackers
    art theifs wont touch it :D

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • Pixel Art Portfolio.

Time to come out of my slump.
    Made it 80x80 so all you rom hackers
    art theifs wont touch it
    :D
    I could gracefully resize and repixel it. =]

That's some great fake. The bush is simply amazing. If only this wouldn't remind me of a Tropius concept, it would be amazing.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    Wow you did a good job, nice work =). Just like NiKaNoRoU pointed out...it does remind me of Tropius, if you could add something to that/ or remove something that would make it look like a whole new fake without any reference, that would make it a really BEAST fake...anyways nice work =)

Serris

The Constant
    Years
  • Pixel Art:

_____________________Click To View
    Pixel Art Portfolio. Pixel Art Portfolio. Pixel Art Portfolio. Pixel Art Portfolio.
    Pixel Art Portfolio.

Fakemon
    / Pokemon:

_____Click To View
    Pixel Art Portfolio.

Pixel Art Portfolio.
    Pixel Art Portfolio.
    Pixel Art Portfolio.

Pixel Art Portfolio.
    Pixel Art Portfolio.
    Pixel Art Portfolio.

Scrapbox
    :
    ps: If anything, I would prefer critique on these sprites.

Pixel Art Portfolio.
    Pixel Art Portfolio.
    Pixel Art Portfolio.

Thanks for coming.

Do not Steal.
    The sprites made here are for personal use only.
    And Please no requests.

I'm really digging your work. Your fakemon are interesting in the fact they all have a cute look about them. The Bomb Spider idea is great, as well as the cloud. Everything else you've done is great as well. I don't know how to crit other sprites other than pokémon sprites XD But keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing more.

Back