• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixel by Late (Why do I need a title...?)

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    Time to make a thread to Pixel Art section. Hope this doesn't die like my other art threads...

Scratch spites:
    Spoiler:

Fakemon?:
    Spoiler:

Revamps:
    Spoiler:

Devamps:

Spoiler:

Took more time than I thought to get these here. I didn't remember that I have done this many (bad) Devamps.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Yeah, personally I don't think those devamps capture the GSC style very well at all. They may have the same 4 colour limitations, but there's none of the strong white dithering used for highlights, and the outlines are just consistently black instead of having other colours blending into them at the edges and on the inner lines.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    Yeah, personally I don't think those devamps capture the GSC style very well at all. They may have the same 4 colour limitations, but there's none of the strong white dithering used for highlights, and the outlines are just consistently black instead of having other colours blending into them at the edges and on the inner lines.

Well, these devamps were my first real pixel works so I didn't know much back then but now I can at least make little better work :D
    But there's one good thing. You can still use them in G/S/C. I think they're still good enough for me.
    Now I go to see what I'm gonna do next.

Years
    This one is fresh, made it some minutes ago:

(Why is it so quick now? When I tested it, it went with normal speed...)
    I don't know why, but I like it at this speed. I know it's not supposed to go that fast, but the way it is makes it stand out.

And, you're supposed to have at least four pieces of scratch (non-revamped, non-devamped, etc.) work to get your own thread started, but if you add something soon enough I'll just pretend that it was there from the beginning.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    I should've read those rules better. I just went to see what the number was as I have read them before but didn't notice word "original". Oh well, I just got one sprite ready.

Ok. This is my first "Fakemon"? (Or at least it's something...)

Made it in 20 minutes, first it had hands but I didn't like 'em. Then I tried what it looks like if it has wings but I deleted them too...
    Was too lazy to make good shading... I'm getting tired, tomorrow starts school again (I had fall vacation).

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Well, these devamps were my first real pixel works so I didn't know much back then but now I can at least make little better work :D
    But there's one good thing. You can still use them in G/S/C. I think they're still good enough for me.
    Now I go to see what I'm gonna do next.

Well if you wanted to be pedantic a lot of them are too big for the GBC or even GBA.

Also personally I think a lot of the time your outlines are much too light, which then causes a massive contrast when they're next to pure black lines.

Years

This Fakemon lacks a lot of dark outline, I think that will make it stand out more than it being practically lineless. The yellow thing/floaty(?) at it's neck could use some more contrast as well, other than that, it's really decent.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2011
    O..k?

The fakemon is good.
    The pokemon are also good.
    Revamps are awesome.
    Devamps look too beautiful to be devamps.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    Nice to get some more comments.
    Logiedan: I just didn't wanna waste too much of my time on that Fakemon as I had more things to do yesterday so I left it kinda dull. Let's see if I make it better with the things you said. At least I'm gonna do something new (maybe) tomorrow. Oh and just to say, I was going to make an animation for this one too as I liked to make a Clefairy-animation.

KittenCry66: Good that someone likes my work. I personally wouldn't say that the revamps are awesome (they could be much better).

Could someone suggest something I could make tomorrow? Just say one Pokémon and I see what's gonna happen. I had already difficulties to pick up one from every Pokémon to start the animation work. (I used Bulbapedia's random page system and got Clefairy :D)

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    You could make a Mew/Moltres animation?
    You're devamps are good, but there's a kink with your Smeargle:
    The top of the brush doesn't seem to have a outline. Other than that, you're devamps are good. Keep up the good work.

Well noticed, I have been dreaming or something, while doing that.
    I'll try Mew/Moltres (maybe I'll do both) tomorrow, I was gonna do pixel art today but it seems I have other things to do now.

Back