• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixel Game: Sprite Brawl, anyone?

monobi

Pokémon Pixel Trainer
Years
  • Ok, i played something similar with armies on another website.

The idea is we have a stadium and some combatents. We all have a sprite sheet and we battle to the death/KO.
    Each pokemon gets their own HP, and it will slowly dwindle.

I am not too far from developing the battle area, and some standard effects.
    However i have nothing to show at this time.

RULES:

• No instant kills
    • No overpowering
    • Dont tamper with someone else's sprite unless you are attacking them
    • If sprite sheet was taken, credit on each post
    • Explain what you have changed and why on each post
    • "CLAIM" when you want to take your turn. You have an hour in which to do so or it becomes invalid
    • If the rule above is broken, you are banned from the game. Period.
    • Size Scale: 1px = 3cm.

This is just really the template, so i can get it perfected before starting.
    Comments?

Last edited:

monobi

Pokémon Pixel Trainer
    Years
  • No comments for a while.. I should have the stage completed and a sprite sheet template done by the end of the week! =D

monobi

Pokémon Pixel Trainer
    Years
  • Ok, update on decisions. The sprite perspective is going to be retro 2D (mario, megaman, etc.) and so are the stages.
    Would i be allowed to make a thread per battle, to stop the thread being overloaded with pages (eventually, i hope)

the stage will be done soon, but the sprite sheet for my pokemon (beldum + evolutions) will take a little longer.

[edit] I read somewhere double post to bump/update is fine after 24 hours... please tell me if not >.>

Years
  • I'm not sure that having multiple threads for this would be allowed.. but I do have another idea, if you need to have them. Why not make a social group? There, you could have multiple "threads", all organized and not cluttering the pixel projects section for those who don't want to see them.

Anywhoo, to be honest, I thought this seemed odd and something that would never work when I first read it, but it seems to be coming along nicely. Can't wait to see :D

monobi

Pokémon Pixel Trainer
    Years
  • It would be 1 thread a month... maximum. Although, if it turns out well i shall indeed make a group or take it to another forum made for it.. that really wont happen tho.

First stage is up! This is just a demo stage, to show the size of maps and the style used.
    All made by me with 4 colors because i couldnt be bothered to use more. Plus i adore 4bit...

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    So let me get this straight. A pokemon would move a bit and that would be its turn. Then the other Pokemon would long range attack it and that would be its turn, etc?

monobi

Pokémon Pixel Trainer
    Years
  • Well, more than "a bit"
    Just, within reason. It cant teleport to the other side of the map...

Move, Attack, end of turn.

Long range attacks can move a certain distance per type. Thats still being decided... Either way, you usually have time to dodge.

EDIT:

away for weekend so decided to post my WIP.
    Beldum, my fave pokemon. Top right is a profile pic (scratch beldum with monacle ^^)
    Side scrolling style.
    1px = 3cm.

Was going to make a bulbasaur, but i know exactly how to sprite beldums so i decided to do that.

Last edited:
    Back