• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PKMN Light: Within Shadows ~ Jeff

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
Years
  • Pokemon Light: Within Shadows

RMXP; Created by Jeff and PLP (Pokemon Light Productions)

Intro
    Hey everyone.. again. I'm going to hold onto The River for now, and get back to my original game, Pokemon Light.

For those of you who do not know, Pokemon Light has been in progress since January 2005. Since then, Light grew and was eventually near completion (not near, but somewhat close), with full coding, CBS system (that I was working on), and mapping. Later on somewhere around October 2005, I had lost the original copy of Light on my hard drive and couldn't stand starting over with the May demo I released again.

Well... it's been a long time... near a year, and I am ready to start Light back up again, as a full team. I would like to thank Sion (creator of the Chaos Generations game) for sending me a copy of the demo of Light so I can start it back up. :) I hope for success with this one and the year to come. Enjoy the game!

(The Original Thread of the old Pokemon Light: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=30704)

Story
    (The Story is going to be quite different than the old Light. I mixed a bit of what Arkayne, member of the Light Team, had thought up of with mine.)

A few years after the incident in Hoenn with Team Aqua and Magma, in a region known as Bayshue just south of Hoenn, a corruption occurs. With the 2 balancing forces of Groudon and Kyogre gone, the earth has began facing natural disasters.. storms, hurricanes, tornados...

Researchers at Bayshue could not figure out how to stop this terrible mess. They decided to call famous Professor Birch to help find the answer to this problem of natural disasters. So at the moment, the little region of Bayshue and its Tavyan Islands is shrouded in darkness..

Myles Langdon, a student at Pokemon Academy learning to be a trainer and researcher, also notices the uneven pattern of natural disasters.

Birch had finally arrived at Verazon Lookout, the location of the Bayshue research lab and the location of Myles. The Academy, on the other hand, decides to choose Myles as a special student to visit the great Professor Birch and learn from the master himself. However, when Myles tries to visit Birch at his lab, he was already gone.. to examine and research a solution to the disasters. Professor Hawthorn, founder of the Verazon Labs and professor of Bayshue, talked to Myles instead. Hawthorn had explained that Birch knew Myles was coming to visit him, but had no time to talk. Instead, Birch..knowing Myles was a top student at Pokemon Academy.. insisted Myles to help him on the disaster research.

Hawthorn gladly handed what Birch called a Light Rod, a small stick that had an eerie yellow glow, to Myles. This was the key in stopping the natural disasters from any further harm... the key in helpping Bayshue get rid of the disasters... the shadows.. From here on, it's up to Myles and the great professor Birch to help the land of Bayshue from destruction the 2 legendary pokemon had left behind...

Features
    Arkayne of PLP has compiled a basic list of features:

Key:
    + is a new feature
    X is a removal of a feature from the original game
    +X is a change and addition to a feature from the original game
    O is a neutral feature

Sprite Style: +O: The classic graphics from Nintendo's games that everyone has grown to love, along with a large number of original tilesets and sprites.

Battle Layout: +X: A brand new way of seeing battles. The battle layout is a colorful and artistic design that offers a change in feel.

*PokeECO System: +: A unique way to handle the placement of Pokemon by species and strength in their environments.

*Unity Theory: +: A theory that each Pokemon has its own strengths and purpose that reaches far beyond their role in battle, and into their role of the world.

The Pokemon Themselves: +X: Unique Pokemon that are similar to the style of the original games. Users will feel comfortable quickly with the new set.

*The Types: +X: Some very useful changes to the existing types along with new additions to the type list.

The Adventure: +: For once, players of a Pokemon game will actually get to experience a full story (and one that doesn't interfere with the feel of the game). The characters are full of depth, and the game advances beyond its series childish style.

Music: +: High-quality music for those who want an immersive exerience and a lower-sized file for those with slow download rates.

*'s: Going to discuss with Arkayne about

====
    Some other features (some kept from original)
    --Play in the Bayshue region and Tavyan Islands
    --A Storyline to follow (with male character Myles. Not going to have a female character like the past)
    --A subquest storyline for each starter
    --A Complete Custom Battle System (CBS)
    --Functional items in and out of battle
    --*PokeECO system (name may change, not decided yet) that displays current progress of natural disasters in different sections of the region that's gone, and acts as a friendly traveling device
    --Mini games playable
    --Travel to Hoenn (Specific areas though)
    --Surf, run, and fly from place to place

More features to come..

Starters
    Taken from the old Pokemon Light Thread. Going to revise the style of the pokemon.

Farlox, Bayshue fire starter

Neat picture of Farlox by Arkayne

Sapphine, Bayshue water starter

Crikat, Bayshue grass starter

Screens
    XD Well, I found out I had over 100 screens of the old Pokemon Light game, many of which were maps. Not sure what I was thinking back then, but I'll keep everyone updated with screens in action.

Peekimon/DarkPegasus's (I forget which) title from last year. Updated from 2005 to 2006. :P

Intro 1

Intro 2

Verazon Lookout 1 (not purified yet... still in darkness)

Verazon Lookout 2

Verazon Lookout 3

Route 1 (purified)

*Screens are subject to change

=============================

Currently need more members, as last year's members are kinda.. gone. If anyone is good at coding, scripting, mapping, designing, anything, please PM me. Thanks! Hoping to bring Light back to success again. :)

~Jeff and PLP~

Last edited:

waterboy

Pokemon Legend
    Years
  • looks great ill e watching with great interset, i really like the new starters and new pokemon i get tired of the same ones.

vkidx

save a tree, eat a beever!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2007
    Wow!

I like the the Window Skin and how it rains! Keep up the good work :P

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    It's about time you start this game up again! Hope your computr doesn't crash again :P!

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
    Years
  • Thanks for all the comments!

@ RMXPUser462: :D I guess I learned my lesson the hard way.

Here are 2 more screens. The maps may change however:

Working on the PC system

Intro again

~Jeff

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    glad to see you started it again good luck with it and make sure that you make backup copys this time on a MP3, PenDrive or Floppy Disk so you don't loose it again

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2014
    Hey Jeff, glad to see you and Pokemon Light back! Hopefully this version of Pokemon Light will be many times better than the last one. From the look of the screens im sure it will be. As always, if you need any help just pm me. Keep up the great work;)

Years
  • Hello again! Welcome back:) I remember when you were beginning this project:D It really has made big improvements, now that you've got the knowledge for the scripting and such. Looking forward to see how this new version will end up;)

Sharpedo

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
    Years
  • Thanks for all the comments.

@ ShadowKP1: It's made in RMXP.

@ bigfreeze11 and Sharpedo: :D Hey, long time no talk. Thanks for the comments.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Jeff_PKLight said:
    @ RMXPUser462: :D I guess I learned my lesson the hard way.
    You might want to make sure you make a backup or somethin, or do what I do and save it onto a memory stick :P.

Sion

Somber Soul
    Years
  • How long I have awaited this day, for Jeff to revive this pokemon RPGMXP extravangaza! You know I'm highly anticipating this!

Good luck bro,

~Sion

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2006
    Jeff whats up? Its me Zero...anyways I see you're bringin PKL back =P hah... Good luck with it man.

~Rye

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
    Years
  • Thanks for the comments. :) Nice to see everyone again!

Here's two more screens, of some coding I was able to get back from the old Light. I'm still hard at work on the CBS, but you guys can expect that soon (currently working on the background and layouts).

Route 1 demonstration

~Jeff

Back