• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Platform Discussion

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
Please read the official announcement on Pokemon.com. Just click on the preview and it should lead you to a page with brief, useless information on the new games.

Pokémon fans, get excited for two incredible new adventures! Announcing Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2, coming soon for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems. The games can also be played in 2D on the Nintendo 3DS™ system.

The games are being released for the Nintendo DS. There aren't going to be any extra features if played on the 3DS; if played on the 3DS it would only be taking advantage of the system's backwards compatibility.

Cazzef

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I felt down when I read that the games where for the Nintendo DS and not 3DS, but I sort of expected it anyway, I just can't wait for a mainstream Pokemon game on 3DS, they could do loads of things to suprise us with 3D I imagine... But hey, I have a feeling these 'sequels' will be much greater than their predecessor.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I would have rather it be on 3DS only because then Nica would have to get one >:) I feel that the DS is in the past now and they should just move forward to 3DS only. I'm not sure if the 3D enhancements will be just some fancy graphics on Skyarrow Bridge and Castelia City or a full blown battle revamp like Colosseum. I'll be happy with either though.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
Years
I would have rather it be on 3DS only because then Nica would have to get one >:)

C'mon, let's be nice to Nica. :P
Personally, I think it should be on the DS because that's what B/W were on. I could see them doing R/S remakes on the 3DS, but not B2/W2.

Back