• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphic✓] Platinum- Inserting custom sprite troubles (RESOLVED!)

Lithobraker

Practicioner of the fine art of breaking one's fal
Years
For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get a sprite into Platinum and have it actually work.
I'm making a personal edit of an existing hack, and I got the idea to put Cyclohm, my favorite Fakemon, into it, replacing Ampharos.

I'm using PokePicDS - Platinum, and Nitro Explorer 3 for this.
At first I had issues with wild discoloration, but that was because it had 17 colors.
Now that I've used GIMP to remove the 17th color and made it a 16-color sprite, suddenly it's not 8BPP anymore or something. The sprite is the right size, the background color is first, and I believe both the shiny and normal colorations are lined up in the palettes, but now it won't even accept it because it's not 8BPP anymore.

bIWw8BL.png

QNMDmE4.png

To clarify, it seems to me that removing the 17th color is what broke it. Before it was the right shape, the colors were just vomit. Now the colors are right(sort of?), but the sprite is corrupted and distorted.

All the documentation about editing sprites for Gen 4 is either D/P, HG/SS, or outdated. I've given up trying to puzzle this out by scouring the internet, and so I have turned to you.
Help me, Pokecommunity. You're my only hope.

EDIT 3: Resolved! Turns out that the palette actually does need 256 colors, but only 16 of them can have custom values, the rest need to be black(000000).

Attachments

• cycfront.png
    cycfront.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 5
  • cycback.png
    cycback.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 3
  • cycsfront.png
    cycsfront.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back