• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum leauge

Should i add....

• A battle frontier

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • An item shop

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A pokemon Shop

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A point system

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

leingodf8

GLEE!!!
    Years
    ....I'm bieng completely ignored here. I've issued challenges to two gym leaders now, and haven't been told yes...or no. I challenged the ghost and fire gyms, I'd like to ASAP. I'm ready anytime after 4:00 on weekdays, pacific time zone.

have you vm / pm'd them .... Ull get it a lot quicker if you do

Unrelenting0

Revived Phoenix
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    Well, this is mostly aimed at Kellyn-Noob. I PMed, no reply since. I was even the first to challenge him, as far as I know. I posted here saying: If this guy gets approved as ghost leader I'll challenge him first. Nothing.

Unrelenting0

Revived Phoenix
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    That was bull.

That wa sin no way, shape, or form how I wanted it. My instincs from so much EV training from the bait and switch method took over, and I switched instead of baton passing. I would have WON too, I just pressed the wrong FRIGGIN' button.

No you fail

l to the o to the l
    Years
    just beat Unrelenting0 3-0 and what do you mean misclick you switched in a pokemon it is hard to misclick and switch a pokemon in and anyway my pokemon was scarfed and outspeed's your pokemon.

Unrelenting0

Revived Phoenix
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    Like I said, sometimes when I want to swtich to another pokemon I just start going thorugh the motions without thinking sometimes. Bieng told I was able to switch pokemon in single-player mode 20 billion times and then having to actually take that opportunity in EV training was a bit of a transition for me, which led to some very...sad mistakes. Same happened here. I had to transition to baton passing instead of switching, and failed miserably. I still don't see how a 50% speed boost beasts maxed speed boost, by your logic. A single agility increases speed more than scarf does by those numbers. The Salac Berry is agility times 3....a 4x speed boost. Could you explain that problem to me? (Note: It still hasn't been tested my eyes.)

No you fail

l to the o to the l
    Years
    you never got an agility in....you just subbed up and got salac berry boost and if you had used agility i would have nailed it without your sub to protect you.

Unrelenting0

Revived Phoenix
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    ...no. I was saying that the Salac Berry boosted speed to 400%. A substitute was up to take a hit. If I had baton passed, the 4x speed plus the substitue would have passed to Tyranitar. He would have 4x speed, a sub to take the hit upon swithcing in, and probrably would have crunched you to death. But I didn't, I accidentally switched, instwad of baton passing. My victory was robbed from me by my EV training instincts to switch. That was why the match was bull.

I was only asking why you think a Choice Scarf (50%) boost to Gallade would make him faster than a Salac Berried (Speed Boosted by 300%) Tyraniter.

No you fail

l to the o to the l
    Years
    first of all if you had switched and it had worked i had a slowking ev'd in defense that would have easily killed a t-tar with 20% health left and anyway is is your fault you switched and not bp'ed

Unrelenting0

Revived Phoenix
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    Tyranitar was holding a Choice Band, so, actually, he would have finished off Slowking.

But, alas, good match. At least I know I would've won, if I hadn'd had the end so close in sight, I forgot to look were I was stepping.

I personally consider that one a match I should have won. Bull just happened.

Last edited:

leingodf8

GLEE!!!
    Years
    ...no. I was saying that the Salac Berry boosted speed to 400%. A substitute was up to take a hit. If I had baton passed, the 4x speed plus the substitue would have passed to Tyranitar. He would have 4x speed, a sub to take the hit upon swithcing in, and probrably would have crunched you to death. But I didn't, I accidentally switched, instwad of baton passing. My victory was robbed from me by my EV training instincts to switch. That was why the match was bull.

I was only asking why you think a Choice Scarf (50%) boost to Gallade would make him faster than a Salac Berried (Speed Boosted by 300%) Tyraniter.

... doesnt a salac berry only raise speed by one stage (50%)...? Anyway i shouldnt butt into something im not really understanding (im not sure how the battle went),
    just thought id drop in and say that im not really gonna be avaliable for battles until late friday proabably.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    Unrelenting0, Salac Berry gives +2 to speed, Agility gives +2 to speed, in total you have +4 to speed. This does not translate as 400% it is 300%, this is how it works:

+1 = x 1.5
    +2 = x 2
    +3 = x 2.5
    +4 = x 3
    +5 = x 3.5
    +6 = x 4

crimsonstorm

The Original Crimson
    Years
    • WV
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    Any other gyms active right now? Sky never responded to my challenge and ckn is mia it seems. lol

jahz

<-- I made that XD
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2012
    yup i got ma team ready now so bring it :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back