• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum let's play: what's a good team?

Years
  • Ok, so I am doing a pokémon Platinum let's play on YouTube, I am not able to trade so getting alakazam/machamp/gengar, etc is impossible. I am only able to catch in-game pokémon. I am trying to come up with a good balanced yet interesting team to watch me play. I currently have Turtwig, Bidoof, Zubat and Machop (to trade for abra when he is lvl 15). I was thinking of this type of team:
    Torterra (Grass/Ground) -> weakness Fly,Fire,Bug and Ice

Crobat (Poison/Flying) -> weakness Electric,Psych, Ice and Rock

Bibarel (Normal/Water) -> weakness Fighting,Grass and Electric

Kadabra (Psychic) -> weakness Ghost, Bug and Dark
    OR
    Haunter (Poison/Ghost) -> weakness Ghost, Psych, Dark

Magmar (Fire) -> weakness Water, Ground, Rock
    OR
    Flareon (Fire) -> weakness Water, Ground, Rock
    OR
    Houndoom (Dark/Fire) -> weakness Water,Fight, Rock and Ground

The sixth slot is still empty, maybe a gyarados (preferably a pokemon that you can catch quite early in the game, I'm at the Valley Windworks). Could you help me decide which fire pokemon and which Sp. attacker (kadabra vs haunter) I should pick?

Back