• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Tomoshibi

Pokémon a go-go!
Years
  • Weird, Then those Battle Recordings I saw on Wifi must have been of Local play battles. I saw quite a few battles where it was Platinum vs. Diamond/Pearl and Sky Forme was present.

EDIT:Also I don't think its an issue with the games. Its very simple for the game to display a Shaymin Land Forme Sprite, read the stasts the way they are, read the abilities the way they are and etc.

I think its a server issue. I think the sever that holds the Wifi battles has yet to be updates with new Pokemon data, thus why all new Alternate forme Pokemon are excluded from Wifi.

Last edited:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • ok srry bout that guys whaat i meant was can you catch all of the sinnoh dex in pokemon platium e.g i wanted glameow but i can't catch it in diamond?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • There are a few Pokemon that you can't catch in Diamond and Pearl.

Misdreavus
    Mismagius
    Murkrow
    Honchkrow
    Glameow
    Purugly
    Stunky
    Skuntank
    Trapinch
    Vibrava
    Flygon
    Clamperl
    Huntail
    Gorebyss

Data was retrieved from Serebii.net. According to serebii, this isn't a finalized list, so there may be more missing Pokemon in the game. The list of Pokemon previously mentioned was the ones that Serebii is sure that are missing from Platinum.

Qwerty-117

Is looking for a VBScripter
    Years
  • for the english versions;
    if you can only get the regis w/ the movie gigas and can only get glacidias flower w/ the movie shaymin, how are we supposed to get them when the movies were in Japan?

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • New question - How do I record Umbreon AND Leafeon in my Pokedex?
    does anyone know, I have like 7 guys left till I get my national dex, but 2 of them are leafeon and umbreon, and obviously I only have 1 eevee... if there is a trainer that has either of them that wud be great to know...

Qwerty-117: Ok u have a few options,
    Bring them over from D/P (if you've migrated already)
    Migrate from R/S/E
    Trade with someone who got the movie Regigigas

and I don't think the flower is with the movie, is it?

Years
    does anyone know, I have like 7 guys left till I get my national dex, but 2 of them are leafeon and umbreon, and obviously I only have 1 eevee... if there is a trainer that has either of them that wud be great to know...

2 trainers on the rainy route to the west of Pastoria have them. One has Espeon and Umbreon and the other has Leafeon.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    If you want to obtain the full PokeDex data for them, read the following.

Umbreon
    Eevee will evolve into Umbreon when you max out its happiness during the nighttime. That means, when Eevee levels up after it's maximum happiness has been reached, it will evolve into Umbreon.

Leafeon
    There is a mossy rock (The Moss Rock) in the Eterna City. When you level your Eevee up one level after a battle nearby the Moss Rock, it will evolve into Leafeon.

I see that you have only one Eevee. You can put them in the Solaceon Town day care with a ditto to breed for another one. Ditto can be found in the grassy patch just east of Canalave City through the use of the PokeRadar.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • If you want to obtain the full PokeDex data for them, read the following.

Umbreon
    Eevee will evolve into Umbreon when you max out its happiness during the nighttime. That means, when Eevee levels up after it's maximum happiness has been reached, it will evolve into Umbreon.

Leafeon
    There is a mossy rock (The Moss Rock) in the Eterna City. When you level your Eevee up one level after a battle nearby the Moss Rock, it will evolve into Leafeon.

I see that you have only one Eevee. You can put them in the Solaceon Town day care with a ditto to breed for another one. Ditto can be found in the grassy patch just east of Canalave City through the use of the PokeRadar.

ok but this if so I can get national dex so no ditto, I know how to do that.

anyways thnx to the guy who answered my question

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2008
    sxcf

does anyone know when platinum is coming to Australia?

also can anyone trade me a mystery event pokemon for mine i have lots of legendaries that are not from events

Years
  • If it takes me ten hours to do a speed through in Pearl Version, will it take me longer to do a speed through in Platinum?

*speed through to E4 victory*

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    If it takes me ten hours to do a speed through in Pearl Version, will it take me longer to do a speed through in Platinum?

*speed through to E4 victory*

It depends on you. If you see how fast it took serebii and the other big guys to do it then you would know its possible. I would probably be done if I could read japanese.

Years
  • can someone tell me how to either see or get gengar when playing on an emulator?
    Why would it matter if you are on an emulator or not? The game data doesn't change how you play it...

Where can you see:

Leafeon, Gengar, Rhydon, Umbreon, Gardevoir, Lickilicky?

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Leafeon & Umbreon = west of pastoria
    Gengar = No Clue, I need it answering too!
    Rhydon = Victory Road
    Gardevoir = E4
    Lickilicky = I think its west of hearthome (trainer)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back