• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Custom Feature Question] Player can swim still water

Years
  • Could someone help me?

I would like to have the player swim in the still water. But if you just want to go into the ocean or sea (the wilder water) you still need surf.
    So it is an extra and not a replacement for surf.

How should I accomplish this? And is it possible to link it to an item of swimming trunks or something like that. Then you can only swim with swimming trunks.

Thank you in advance.

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    OK, so there's two ways to do this potentially. Which one you use depends on this question.
    Is there a single map in the game with both sea water and still water? Or is there a part of the game where still water becomes sea water via a map connection or transfer?
    IF NO:
    1) The easier option. Simply make whether you can surf or not depend on the Map ID, or map name. (preferably id, in case you ever add multiple languages!)
    IF YES:
    2) You will have to make the ability to surf on the still water terrain tag different to that of other water. This is done on TerrainTag page, to point you in the right direction.

Back