• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Player Search System

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I'm surprised there's no a thread for this.

In Pokemon X and Y, one of the features of the bottom screen is the Player Search System, or PSS for short. Using the PSS and the internet, you can scroll through a list of other people who are online from all over the world and challenge them to battles, ask for trades, share your PR video, give or receive an O-Power, or just check out their profiles. Additionally, if you interact with someone a few times, you have the option to add them to your friends list. When a person is in the list, you can go to their Friend Safari or startup a voice chat with them.

So, do you use the PSS? How often? Is there anything you'd add to it or change about it, if you could? What's your favourite of the bottom screen features: PSS, Pokemon Amie, or Super Training?

DexJr Karnage

Shiver TheKid
    Years
  • I use PSS all the time and is always signed in when I'm at home. I think it's a solid system. Although I do wish there was a better way to chat instead of voice chat. Maybe some little instant messaging option? That would be like awesome. Other then that I'm happy with the PSS. Does what it's gotta do.

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    I always keep the PSS on the bottom screen because I think it looks so much cleaner than the other two options. I love how it's so quick and easy to trade with people and see who is online, it's definitely much more convenient than past generations. That being said there are some parts of it that I don't think were executed all that well. Unless I've been missing something for the past few months there is no way to disable those irritating pop up messages telling my about Battle Spots or the GTS. I would much prefer it if the messages would stop appearing after you've tried out the facility it's advertising as it's kinda moot for them to keep appearing to a person that uses the facilities in question regularly. Also, sometimes I just go online to trade with friends and I get bombarded by trade and battle requests from passerbys so an option to disable them would be a great addition imo.

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
    Years
  • I use PSS all the time and is always signed in when I'm at home. I think it's a solid system. Although I do wish there was a better way to chat instead of voice chat. Maybe some little instant messaging option? That would be like awesome. Other then that I'm happy with the PSS. Does what it's gotta do.

If that chat system was like animal crossing you mean?

Pinta77

Yeah It's pretty sick. I use it fairly often. It's a huge leap up from 4th and 5th gen, but it's not perfect.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • PSS is pretty good, because I'm able to give someone O-Power if I wanted to, and get one as well. And I can give congrats to someone who have the birthday icon too.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • It's the most beautiful thing they added to X and Y!

"Dude, let's trade! I'll meet you in the PC center!"
    "I can't, man! I'm in a cave!"

>_> Anyone remember this problem?

You literally just have to stand still and tap a few selections and BAM, you can trade wherever! I love it. I simply love it. x3

I like how there's no "menu" per se, and everything you need is right out there so you don't have to tap menu after menu to find whatever it is you're looking for. I really do hope they put this in future games and don't go back to the old way.

Besides, what a great use for the touch screen!

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • I use it all the time!! It's very helpful with communication and it's kind of cool to see my friends stats with their trades and battles wins and such. As said above, a better way to talk would be nice. I would not mind voice chat if I could play and chat at the same time, it's annoying only doing one or another.

Back