• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Playing Japanese HGSS

codemonkey85

Software Developer
Years
  • I don't understand a lick of Japanese, but who cares? Most of the menus are graphical and touchscreen now, and the plot is (to loosely quote Famitsu) essentially the same as the original GS(C), with few surprises.

Anway, I wanted to get my hands on the PokéWalker right away (especially on the slim chance it doesn't make it outside of Japan), so this had to happen.

I am super impatient as well. I bought the 1 - 4 day UPS shipping. >_>

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • I'm not gonna risk playing the game through in Japanese because it'll ruin my overall experience when it comes out in 8 months here in Europe.
    It's scheduled for release in Spring 2010 for America and Europe so considering Platinum was released in Spring 2009, March for America and May for Europe, I'm pretty much expecting a repeat of that.
    8 months isn't long. I'm preoccupying myself by playing Crystal at the moment.

Oh and for those that disagree with the Spring 2010 release date, go to Pokemon.com's HG/SS pre-release site, it has a trailer and it slates the date for Spring 2010, America and Europe.
    Although, that's already been said here somewhere anyway.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • For those of you that don't know Japanese but are importing, getting to play it early but missing out on the storyline isn't a good compromise. I personally am going to probably play around with the ROM, just to get a feel for it, but I won't be even beating the first gym in it. I'm going to wait for either an english patch, or for it to come out in America.

Years
  • Tis a nice plan, I plan on beating Marriland to the punch and also getting a lot of the new sprites since along with being a minimal-time emerald-hacker, i'm (thanks to my friend dragging me into it) admin on one online rpg, in charge of mainly sprites and stuff, and an assistant(probably soon to be mod) on another online rpg... -_-

Hovo

We gotta stay together.
    Years
  • I think I'll wait for someone to translate the HG/SS ROM, which might take a few days to a week. But hey, it beats waiting for... how long again? Almost half a year?

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • You'll be waiting much longer than a few days for a translation. It took quite a while for Platinum, if I remember right.

Hovo

We gotta stay together.
    Years
  • Damn, did it? I didn't get the translated version of Plat., so I wouldn't know.

Anyhow, I will not be playing it in Japanese, that's for sure. XD

Years
  • I'm gonna wait for the English version to be released. Last year in September when the Japanese Platinum came out I told myself "Just wait, it will be March 2009 soon enough" and look, it's already September 2009! :o

Years
  • Japanese version for me because, well, I'm in Japan :3 but I'm cheap so I'll get it just as soon as the video/music/game shop down the street gets a used copy. It shouldn't take too long since media of all kinds have a high turnover rate here.

bigfatgranny

Pokemon Shadow's Haze.
    Years
  • I really dont know what ill do. I think I will probably wait for the english release though as I dont think I would enjoy playing it in japanese very much. Then again gold was my favorite pokemon game of all time so maybe ill play the japenese just for the heck of it.

PokéToast

Want Some Toast?
    Years
  • Without a doubt, I'm waiting until the English version to comes out. No way will I miss out on parts of the game because I don't understand Japanese.

I'll just watch as *hopefully* SuperSkarmory does a walkthrough. I know he got the Japanese Platinum, so I'm hoping he does the same again.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
  • I will Definetely be getting the Japanese - for some reason I just am sooooo desperate to play even If I dont understand, but I wont finish it - I will get to about the second gym and then wait for the English :)

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
  • I'm definitely playing the Japanese version. I did the same with Platinum, so I don't see why not. I just attempt to beat everything and then take my time once the English version comes out, so I can see if there are any story changes.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2013
    there's no point for me to get it because i would be mad after a while since i wouldnt be able to read it

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • I'm getting the English one, and I can't read Japanese (unless I pick it up), so no I'm getting English not Japanese.

Back