• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Playing Japanese HGSS

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Too much money to import it.

Once I get my laptop, I'll play the ROM.

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
  • I'm getting English.

I don't think I want to miss stuff and wander around aimlessly (since I never played G/S/C)

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • I was going to import it but Cbf doing it and lol it dose not have the same magic for me i dont know how to read japanese that well i did a year 8 couse in school but i was really bad ( lol and FYI the class is force) lol so im just going to be paticent an wait lol

Marlon88

Elite Trainer
    Years
    • LA
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    HG&SS

i am geting it in japanese the day it comed out for 3 weeks i study how to read and speak japanese and now i am getting it i am getting Soul Silver

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • I'm definetly getting the japanese rom, i will just have to guess what everything says, i will replay it when the english version comes out, just got to wait 3-5 days for a rom to be available

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2010
    For novelty's sake, I wanted to preorder Soul Silver and also buy the English version when it comes out. I'm not sure if I'll buy Heart Gold or not; I'm way more a Silver person. 8D; But I used to collect Japanese pokemon things, so it seems worthwhile to preorder it and play anyway when I'm more concerned about game-play options and nostalgically training pokemon than I am about anything else.

I don't know a lick of Japanese, but I'm apt to believe that I can have just as much fun and do a rough translation with the aid of my dictionaries and my friends who do speak a little if I get really stuck and don't know what to do.

hoo-ray for the excitement.

LinK93

Translator/Beta tester
    Years
  • well.... I can't read Japanese... I have no money nor nds...I'll just download it from tpb.... those dutch dumpers have good dumps xD
    Sorry for those guys that spend thousands of money to buy games.....but I haven't spent on games 1 cent since I was like ....9

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I will be playing the japanese game too, even though I know no japanese. I think that I may ask some of our friends here at PC who know japanese if I am stuck anywhere in the game.

Kenta-kun

死神
    Years
  • I am so torn about this. It's going to take every ounce of my willpower not to import it, that's for sure. I'm not too worried about the English version being ruined for me; back in the day, the father of a friend who lived down the street brought back a Japanese copy of Pokemon Silver about a year before it came out in NA, and my friend let me play through it. I still bought Gold when it came out, and still loved every minute of it.

I don't really think I want to pay for the import, though...it's a little pricey, especially for a game that I plan on owning when it comes out here anyways. I may take advantage of my friends' R4 cards, get a feel for the game.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2011
    I was so hoping it would leak today, maybe still, googogogogo dishonest game store workers

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
  • I'll just probably download the rom on to my acekard, I don't even know Japanese, we'll see how it goes. ;P I swear there some guys who translated the Japanese platinum a bit to English, I hope something like that happens here too. =] For now gonna have difficulty playing. =/

I actually think it's kind of a waste to try to translate it. I mean, there's only a few month wait.

I may get it when it's leaked to try it out, see if I like it, may get it in Japanese after Play-asia stops charging $60 for a $40 game. Which may be a couple of weeks. I know I'm going to get it for sure, though. :)

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
  • I'm definetly getting the japanese rom, i will just have to guess what everything says, i will replay it when the english version comes out, just got to wait 3-5 days for a rom to be available

You do realize that the ROM will be floating around the web on Saturday, right? I got the Platinum ROM for my r4 the day it came out in Japan.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2016
    i am geting it in japanese the day it comed out for 3 weeks i study how to read and speak japanese and now i am getting it i am getting Soul Silver

Sorry but are you saying that you are planning on learning how to read an speak Japanese in 3 weeks???

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I'll be downloading the Japanese versions of Hg/Ss, and buying the English version of SoulSilver. I can't read Japanese, but I'll make an effort to make my way through the game until an English patch is released.

NintendoWalkthrudude

Creator of Pokemon Ninja!
    Years
  • There will be changes in what is said between the two versions, because of pop culture references, and what is overall appropriate for American audiences.

Back