• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Playing Japanese HGSS

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2009
    well I may be wrong with everyone else's, but when Giancarloparimango11 (Youtube Updater for Hg/Ss) played Soul silver, it kept freezing on Route 35, after he battled one of the trainers.

Is anyone else experiencing these problems?

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
  • I'm importing, and I can semi-read Japanese. As long as Kanji doesn't rear its ugly head I'll be fine. ._.

Kanji isn't actually that difficult, to me it makes it much easier to understand the context. There are four instances, in the Japanese games IIRC. The yen sign, and I think they might use it for the date.

I was so fed up with the emulator running the game like sh!t, so I just bought both games. lol

I'm super excited to get it. :D

.VALO.

augmented reality
    Years
  • I'm playing a Soul Silver rom with a fair bit of English translation and the 'freezing' patch to stop the game from going blank and dying. I've got two badges so far but I've been more focused on uploading HGSS Wi-Fi battles to my Youtube (search Valotube if you're interested) and haven't really got much further as of yet. Even though the main text is in Japanese, fifty-odd run throughs of GSC over the years keeps me in the know haha.

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    I got about 20~ freezes in the 17 hours it took me to complete it. I basically just saved after every trainer I beat. :P

Looking forward to the US release now.

Back