• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Playing Pokemon on my PSP!

OperationEevee

OperationEevee FTW!
Years
  • So yeah, if you know anything about hacking and custom PSP firmware you'd know you can put emulators onto the PSP.

I can play all of the GBC and GBA Pokemon games, AND Nintendo 64. It's soo sweet.
    The only thing wrong with Pokemon Stadium on PSP is that the font's aren't compatible with the Emulator.

If anyone wants to know how to do this, they can just PM me I guess. :D

Peace.

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    Damn I'm pretty envious of you, oh well I don't have a psp anyways. Not until the PSPGo comes out at least

jmadude

Keybledar43
    Years
  • I've been playing gba and gbc games in my psp for a long time and they work perfectly.
    But for some reason whenever I play a nintendo 64 game on my psp it either freezes or
    never loads.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I've been playing gba and gbc games in my psp for a long time and they work perfectly.
    But for some reason whenever I play a nintendo 64 game on my psp it either freezes or
    never loads.
    Yeah cuz' it moves like crap .
    Actually , the only game I played on my PSP as Pokemon was Emerald... o_0

Rockleerulez

The Inigma
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2023
    nice lol my friend been able to play GBA game on gamecube (he lost the thing D:)

NatureKeeper

Yes they can soo chin up little buddy.lol but yeah they do. Its still in its Beta but its looking up. heres the link https://pspslimhacks.com/nintendo-ds-emulator-for-psp-%e2%80%93-dsonpsp-v0-4-source/
    hehehe. I bet all the NDS users are crying right now cuz the PSP " the God of handhelds" has and is still one-upping the NDS. Maybe soon we'll be able to play Pokemon HGSS on it.

You still won't be able to use the Pokéwalker.

Oh... What was I thinking... *turns around to talk again*

And the game will freeze. Enjoy cooking poffins using Analog...

And struggling to play DS games on PSP means: :The ds is so nice and we need to open its games on PSP so at least the PSP won't be as lame as it is..."

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2012
    So yeah, if you know anything about hacking and custom PSP firmware you'd know you can put emulators onto the PSP.

I can play all of the GBC and GBA Pokemon games, AND Nintendo 64. It's soo sweet.
    The only thing wrong with Pokemon Stadium on PSP is that the font's aren't compatible with the Emulator.

If anyone wants to know how to do this, they can just PM me I guess. :D

Peace.

The PSP doesn't supports multi-textures, hence the reason why Daedalus (N64 emulator) doesn't currently support T1 texture which is needed by some games like Pokemon Stadium. A workaround will eventually come to fix this issue, but other things have priority in the emulator now.

SMan9090

His DINGyness, Team MISSINGNO.
    Years
  • You still won't be able to use the Pokéwalker.

Oh... What was I thinking... *turns around to talk again*

And the game will freeze. Enjoy cooking poffins using Analog...

And struggling to play DS games on PSP means: :The ds is so nice and we need to open its games on PSP so at least the PSP won't be as lame as it is..."

First of all, the Pokéwalker isn't that big of a deal... It's not all that amazing... It's cool but not having it doesn't really damage your gaming expirience.

Second of all, Before you start disrespcting a console, check some stuff... The game will NOT freeze.

Third of all, learn to read SUBTEXT DAMMIT: No-one is "struggling" to play DS games on the PSP... It's not a very hard job. and also, It doesn't mean that the PSP is trying to imitate the DS because it hs no need for that, it's just plain better!!!
    The PSP is the god of handhels whether you like it or not.
    And the fact is that if it can run DS games PS1 games GBC/GBA games and Nintendo 64 games, means it just has the upper hand which the DS does not have... So go sit in the corner and cry me a freakin' river!$#$!$#!%!!$!!!!!!!!!111

P.S. Tell me when you're done

MsBroccoli

MsBroccoli
    Years
  • I love my PSP for that fact. =3 I don't have to sit up at the computer or buy separate systems and games. I can just download and set it up on my PSP, lay back, and enjoy.

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
  • The only thing that the PSP can't is play DS cause of the touch screen :(
    Yes you can

DSONPSP v0.7, the Nintendo DS emulator for PSP.

Yoshihiro is back and with yet another speed increase for DSONPSP the Nintendo DS emulator for PSP. Its a port of DeSmuME which is a multi format Nintendo DS emulator. Notable changes are a new cursor has been added with two colors, plus a further speed increase and a few bug fixes. Keep the updates coming Yoshihiro, at this rate the DS PSP emulation will be faster than the N64 PSP emulation!

DSONPSP v0.7 Changelog:

• [*]Speed increase, again
      [*]Use L & R for touch screen
      [*]Cursor added with 2 colors: black or white.
      [*]Frameskip set at 2 by default
      [*]Fixed FPS counter as well
      [*]Source code will be added on SVN soon​
    Sorce:PSPgen & Pspslimhacks.com

Playing Pokemon on my PSP!

NatureKeeper

First of all, the Pokéwalker isn't that big of a deal... It's not all that amazing... It's cool but not having it doesn't really damage your gaming expirience.

Second of all, Before you start disrespcting a console, check some stuff... The game will NOT freeze.

Third of all, learn to read SUBTEXT DAMMIT: No-one is "struggling" to play DS games on the PSP... It's not a very hard job. and also, It doesn't mean that the PSP is trying to imitate the DS because it hs no need for that, it's just plain better!!!
    The PSP is the god of handhels whether you like it or not.
    And the fact is that if it can run DS games PS1 games GBC/GBA games and Nintendo 64 games, means it just has the upper hand which the DS does not have... So go sit in the corner and cry me a freakin' river!$#$!$#!%!!$!!!!!!!!!111

P.S. Tell me when you're done

The PokéWalker is not amazing, but it's not nice to feel you are limited to only gaming. Even Nintendo WFC cannot be accessed from a Sony Device.

I won't cry.

If you think that the PSP really rules, then try to make use of your own games with your (freak of handhelds). Use some GTA or Need for Speed to cover your PSP needs. Using the DS games means that you have a handheld with some crappy games you want to use the better handheld's games on it to make it high-leveled enough not to be lame.

The DS, especially the DSi... Ok, now hang on. The Nintendo DSi has an exclusive game in Japanese that... *drumroll*...

Allows you to move by yourself using the DSi. Move your body along with the character without any controls, even better than the Wii itself.

And is that your highest goal? Play GBA\GBC games, the OLD SCHOOL generations on PSP to lower it's lameness?

Knock me off.... The DS family rules...

CrashmanX

Mechamon
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    Damn I'm pretty envious of you, oh well I don't have a psp anyways. Not until the PSPGo comes out at least

NOOOOO, DONT GET A GO!!!!

You cant mod it nor can you do anything really useful with it. I'd suggest a 2000 or a 1000, the Go's will break if dropped from like 3ft onto carpet. They have no metal frame and cannot be modded (yet).

RainDogg54

Crown of Love
    Years
  • I miss my psp. I had a launch psp that originally had 1.5 firmware. When I sold it it was at 3.50M33 or something like that. It's been about a year and now I miss it lol. I used to love to play Pokemon hacks on the gpsp emulator but my favorite part about the 3.5+ firmwares was the ability to play old Ps1 titles

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    The PokéWalker is not amazing, but it's not nice to feel you are limited to only gaming. Even Nintendo WFC cannot be accessed from a Sony Device.

I won't cry.

If you think that the PSP really rules, then try to make use of your own games with your (freak of handhelds). Use some GTA or Need for Speed to cover your PSP needs. Using the DS games means that you have a handheld with some crappy games you want to use the better handheld's games on it to make it high-leveled enough not to be lame.

The DS, especially the DSi... Ok, now hang on. The Nintendo DSi has an exclusive game in Japanese that... *drumroll*...

Allows you to move by yourself using the DSi. Move your body along with the character without any controls, even better than the Wii itself.

And is that your highest goal? Play GBA\GBC games, the OLD SCHOOL generations on PSP to lower it's lameness?

Knock me off.... The DS family rules...
    The fact remains, that the PSP can EMULATE a system which it is directly competing against, which is what gives it the upper hand. Sure, it'll never be a complete substitute, rather it'll be the next best thing. Anyway, there's no denying that the PSP's say processing power and graphic capabilities far surpass the DS's. Not to diminish the DS; it has it's fair share of fun games, but it doesn't really stand much against the PSP.

Also to remind you, emulation rarely provides ALL the capabilities of the original system, but many users don't mind. I'm sure EVERYONE doesn't want to finish all the super contests; maybe they just want to test out the hand before buying it, or just complete the Battle Frontier (which is a huge challenge)

Lockerz

Lockerz Fan!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2009
    Oh that is very cool I never knew you could use an emulator to run Pokemon games on the PSP. Pretty interesting might check it out but I still think the best emulator is VBA (Visual Boy Advance).

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2010
    The only thing that the PSP can't is play DS cause of the touch screen :(
    Actually there is a DS emulator being worked on that doesn't require a touche screen.
    The PSP screen is divided in half (sideways) and the touchscreen is on the right side.

Back