• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] Playtest not running in 19.1 - "NameError Occured"

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2022
    I started out with a similar issue to another recent thread (where running playtest only shows a black screen with no errors). It's been a few days and I haven't seen any fixes for that, so I played around with RPG maker a bit more to try and troubleshoot. Running anything else through RPG Maker still works, it's only with version 19.1 that Essentials does not playtest. So, to try and work around this, I downloaded an old version (17.2) and replaced "Game.exe".

Playtest still doesn't work, BUT I at least get error messages now. The popup that appears reads:
    Script 'DebugConsole' line 8: NameError Occured
    uninitialized constant console::System​

I went to scripts database to check line 8, which looks like this: echoln "#{System.game_title} Output Window"

I'm not sure how to proceed from here. I'm a noob when it comes to actually messing with scripts, so if it's a super obvious fix, I'm totally missing it. Any help is appreciated!

Back