• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Playthroughs with a different starter than Turtwig, Chimchar, or Piplup

JustinDestruction

Rockin' Trainer
    Years
    On Platinum I traded over some eggs. I beat the game with an all fire team that consisted of Flareon, Blaziken, Charizard, Camerupt, Houndoom, and Entei. Entei was level 53ish and I only actually used him if I was in trouble.

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
    Years
    I honestly hate the idea of using a different starter than the 3 available ones.

Neaaaa.... i hatezorz the starterzzzz so i'll trade ova a 1337 [insert powerful pokemon here] with lotz of 1337 tms like tbolt and surfff........ taste this roark...

My #1 philosophy with in-game pokemon teams: use whats available!!

syphilis

lul spread the love.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    i was thinking of using a shuckle for when i restart platinum, but...

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    in plat i traded over gible(breeded w/outrage) and misdrevous....now that i think of it i shoulda choose pokemon from other regoins.............

Years
    I honestly hate the idea of using a different starter than the 3 available ones.

Neaaaa.... i hatezorz the starterzzzz so i'll trade ova a 1337 [insert powerful pokemon here] with lotz of 1337 tms like tbolt and surfff........ taste this roark...

My #1 philosophy with in-game pokemon teams: use whats available!!
    lol, I swept Roark with my Bagon's Hydro Pump. <3 Egg Moves! ^o^

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    after the second generation, i stopped using the starters, they just started getting over the top for me.

for pearl, i used a zubat because crobat is a monster plus zubat is alphabetically the last pokemon :)

Years
    after the second generation, i stopped using the starters, they just started getting over the top for me.

for pearl, i used a zubat because crobat is a monster plus zubat is alphabetically the last pokemon :)
    I've never found the starters especially gimmicky. Even if you ignore the fact that they are starters, they're still decent Pokémon to use.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Jun 6, 2024
    you know ive never tried to use one other than a starter before.....i may like the idea though...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    There was one time when I thought about starting over in it with an Eevee, but then I decided not to because I wanted it to evolve into Glaceon at that time, and Eevee is sort of too weak when it is only Eevee for a long time.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    No, I've never done that.

But then again, I never knew you could send over Pokemon Eggs to another game either. I'd better get sending my Platinum 'mons over to Pearl, then...

Years
    I would, but Infernape is probably one of the best starters. It has advantage of three gyms.

Fighting + Fire > Ice, Grass, and Rock.

Back