• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please Answer this ?*Why did they stop showing the original pokemon show

KratosIrving

Tales of Symphonia Fan-Kratos
    Years
    Please tell me because i need to see it again it was like the origin,it brought memories.Especially when Ash first got pikachu for waking up late.GOOD TIMES

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Let me explain the concept of a series to you. When it starts, they show the first episode. A day or a week later, they show the second episode. A day or a week later, they show the third episode. You follow?

If you really want to re-watch the first series, get the DVDs if you're nice, or watch them online if you're a pirate.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    You can buy the whole of the 1st season in 3 DVD box sets.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    I got Pokémon Season 1, 2 and 4 Super Wallets, *box sets* Their really good, It came from a company Called Anime Works, their in Australia but the box sets come with no damage, https://animeworks.com.au/store/pro...=3462&osCsid=6c5127369becbc33d73fdfe34a530653 I'm pretty sure they ship international. But just buy a box set. Their worth the money =P

Unlike the other box sets people are talking about, this is the ENTIRE season in 1 box set for $45. 14 disks and around 1200 minutes of Pokémon greatness!

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years
    Yeah why can they give us pokemon dvds like the naruto ones. Yeah i know "pokemon is for kids" but it has fans too. At least show episodes in both english and japanese, perfect video and sound quality, and good bonus features. The Anime works dvd looks pretty decent since at least it has all of the season's episodes.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    Yeah why can they give us pokemon dvds like the naruto ones. Yeah i know "pokemon is for kids" but it has fans too. At least show episodes in both english and japanese, perfect video and sound quality, and good bonus features. The Anime works dvd looks pretty decent since at least it has all of the season's episodes.

I want a box with the japanese voices! Meeh...
    All seasons episodes, eh? What about the unaired ones ans those that were cut...

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    The 1st season box sets are called Indigo League, here's a link to Amazon so you can see what the 1st box looks like, but I have no idea if it's the cheapest you can find https://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Season-Box-Set-Indigo/dp/B000I0QLF0

I have found them cheaper on eBay and also on Deep Discount DVD, $25 for one set versus the $40 that Amazon wants for them. I was pissed off royally when Cartoon Network dropped the season 1-5 reruns especially since I can't stand Diamond and Pearl for more than a few minutes because of the horrifyingly bad voice acting in the English dub along with the uninspired characters and unappealing plots. Also I feel as though Dawn's interactions with the main cast are nowhere near as meaningful or entertaining as Misty's and also Dawn's interactions with the characters of the day are not up to the standard that Misty's were either. And I can say the same thing about May as I have seen Advanced Generation as well.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I like it and Im sure they will start it up again. They only stopped showing it in like August and it will come again.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    I doubt they'd be shown on TV again for years..Because in Australia we don't even show the movies anymore. If your looking for Pokémon here, you've come to the wrong place.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Well, in the UK they re-ran Indigo League about a year or 2 ago and CN had a Pokemon movie marthon (not including movie 10) a few months ago for a few weekends, so I suppose it's not impossible for other places to re-run it.

Back