• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Please have more than one save file!

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
  • they need three so you can have one of each starter, and then they should allow you to trade pokes between files. And they could just make it so that one file can't trade over gts with another file on the same game cartridge

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    heres the simpliest fix, that so bovious,even i overlooked it til a moment ago, and with how technology is, itd happen anyways:

YOU CANT TRADE BETWEEN SAVE FILES.

Voila! simple fix, see the genius?
    you have 1 file to play threw the storyline all you want
    and you have 1 save file you use for wifi battles, tournaments, & completin the pokedex, and run threw the storyline just the once ^_^

and since you cant trade between them, you still gotta use the community to trade.
    of course the loop hole is you could just have a friend hold your pokemon,& you trade them over between files lol

^_^ see nintendo has plenty of options, they can do it
    after all you get 3files for Twilight Princess of legend of Zelda, and that games at least 24times the size of a pokemon game, youd think the Wii couldnt handle somethin like that :P

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • Lol, the reason nintendo wont do this, like said, is they expect people to buy another game. This leads to the comsumer to buy the other version. One game is used for the one good save, and the other is used to keep restarting.

Woo 300 posts :D

Dragonika

Isshu Region Champion
    Years
  • i would preffur to have just 1 save file not as much responsability and for 2 u could have to event pokemon of the same event which would mess things up (cheat)

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2010
    that would be amazing more then one save file. the ability to have two would just make me go crazy

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
  • It sounds like a good idea and it would save me a bit of money but I don't see it happening. Like others have said Nintendo want to make money by selling multiple copies of the games. =\

Years
  • It'd be ok....

.....but then again, removes part of Satoshi Tajiri's original idea, doesn't it?

He was partially inspired by the fact that aGameboy could link with another Gameboy so people could swap!

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    heres the simpliest fix, that so bovious,even i overlooked it til a moment ago, and with how technology is, itd happen anyways:

YOU CANT TRADE BETWEEN SAVE FILES.

Voila! simple fix, see the genius?
    you have 1 file to play threw the storyline all you want
    and you have 1 save file you use for wifi battles, tournaments, & completin the pokedex, and run threw the storyline just the once ^_^

and since you cant trade between them, you still gotta use the community to trade.
    of course the loop hole is you could just have a friend hold your pokemon,& you trade them over between files lol

^_^ see nintendo has plenty of options, they can do it
    after all you get 3files for Twilight Princess of legend of Zelda, and that games at least 24times the size of a pokemon game, youd think the Wii couldnt handle somethin like that :P

merrrr, and what do you do if your pokemon gets stuck in a trade in-between the files? It's possible, you never know :P The DS could more than likely definitely handle more info on one cartridge but I don't think it will happen. I've grown use to Nintendo's money-making ways. So use to it that I might end up having 4 copies of black & white...lol.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Using excuses like Mario and LoZ don't work. There's no element of other players in those games; those are strictly one-player games.

Do LoZ or Mario give you special items by going to events?
    Didn't think so.

Do you trade stuff with friends and get extra stuff like that in Mario or LoZ?
    Didn't think so.

Can you connect to Wifi, put something up with one save and then take it down with the next in LoZ or Mario?
    DIDN'T THINK SO.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Using excuses like Mario and LoZ don't work. There's no element of other players in those games; those are strictly one-player games.

Do LoZ or Mario give you special items by going to events?
    Didn't think so.

Do you trade stuff with friends and get extra stuff like that in Mario or LoZ?
    Didn't think so.

Can you connect to Wifi, put something up with one save and then take it down with the next in LoZ or Mario?
    DIDN'T THINK SO.

Actually its MORE relevant than pokemon simply cuz:

IT MAKES MORE MONEY THAN POKEMON

we get at least 6mario games between each gen of pokemon, we get at least 2 zelda games between each gen of pokemon

and you wanna know wat happens?

THEY MAKE MORE MONEY THAN POKEMON

Pokemon makes half the money you get from Mario & Zelda, and we know Nintendo only cares bout the money, thats why we have a poor excuse for Zelda like twilight princess, or those lame paper mario games
    and they make the most money& they have far more in them than pokemon, yet they have several save files.......

Pokemon gets 1save file, just cuz it has events? and multiplayer?
    hell no! its just nintendos lazy streak
    after workin hard on the zelda& mario games, they sit down& just relax and make pokemon, as a side plan for money.

get the idea yet? they only want the money, do you think wed have events if they werent gettin paid for it? hell no.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Pokemon gets 1save file, just cuz it has events? and multiplayer?
    hell no! its just nintendos lazy streak
    after workin hard on the zelda& mario games, they sit down& just relax and make pokemon, as a side plan for money.

Nintendo isn't lazy. Every game has a purpose - for the people to play the games to actually enjoy them (including Pokemon), and every game makes profit for Nintendo. I don't get the issue here...

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Uhm, I don't see how having one save file is laziness. o.o

And, uh, name the six mario games that we've gotten in the last year, please.

Nintendo isn't lazy; having 1 save file might be their idea, y'know? I mean, they bothered to put FREAKING BACKGROUND SOUNDS WHEN YOU WALK NEAR WATER AND FOOTSTEP NOISES AND THE LIKE INTO POKEMON HGSS. I DARE YOU TO CALL THAT LAZY.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015

Nintendo isn't lazy. Every game has a purpose - for the people to play the games to actually enjoy them (including Pokemon), and every game makes profit for Nintendo. I don't get the issue here...

nintendo is lazy,not as lazy as playstation& Xbox (who just do fancy graphics)
    nintendo gives good storyline sure, but the lack things to do after
    basically once you finish story mode you just round up every other pokemon so fun *rolls eyes* once thats complete, your finished.
    multiple save files would be a way to fix that.
    or better do like yugioh world championship
    2modes:

Storyline Mode
    &
    Collection Mode

you basically can put your pokemon in collection mode after you beat story mode, then your collection is safe& you can play threw story mode again, see easy fix,everyones happy& nintendo still makes their money
    probably twice as much as they did.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Yes, uhm, great. Most games have nothing to do after you beat the main story. What're you going to do in Pokemon, just RESTART THE STORY?

Wouldn't that just be...I dunno, boring?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    But people can already transfer their Pokemon to other games via trading/wifi/migration, which covers this "collection mode" thing.

Besides, that isn't really another save file, it's just somewhere to store your Pokemon, which I believe Pokemon Box was pretty much intended for.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I realize this post is old, but I figured I should reply. Plus, I'm bored. :|
    I don't think it's a matter of the size of the cartridge, but that Nintendo would lose sales that way. People wouldn't need to buy two of the games because they would already be basically owning two of the games and so on. 2 save files = 2 games, basically.
    Anyway, just because it looks like they have two of the game, doesn't mean they will lose sales. They could still buy the other game, because you have to remember that there will be Pokémon differences between the two games.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Yes, uhm, great. Most games have nothing to do after you beat the main story. What're you going to do in Pokemon, just RESTART THE STORY?

Wouldn't that just be...I dunno, boring?

only to you appearantly, cuz you havent even read a single post of half the people here,you like to restart the story, so ya before you say sumtihn,you might wanna read the whole thread

But people can already transfer their Pokemon to other games via trading/wifi/migration, which covers this "collection mode" thing.

Besides, that isn't really another save file, it's just somewhere to store your Pokemon, which I believe Pokemon Box was pretty much intended for.

Pokemon Box/Ranch or watever it is SUCKS its the emphasis of Nintendos laziness, those Mii lookin pokemon are a disgrace.
    not to mention not everyone has the money to go by a wii, i sure as hell dont.
    the Collection Mode, or an extra Save File would give me the chance to not worry bout losin my pokemon, that i worked hard to raise& give me the opportunity to enjoy the storyline more.
    and id probably end up buyin more of the games then, cuz then itd be worth it, take yugioh world championship:
    you get 3promo cards in it & you can restart the storyline with everythin you have.
    2010 sold 14times the amount of 2009,2008,&2007
    all thanx to that single feature that all the fans wanted.
    to all you who think theyd lose sales over this idea, your wrong, every game i have seen with multiple save files has increased sales dramatically from its predecessors.

I realize this post is old, but I figured I should reply. Plus, I'm bored. :|

Anyway, just because it looks like they have two of the game, doesn't mean they will lose sales. They could still buy the other game, because you have to remember that there will be Pokémon differences between the two games.

my point exactly youll still be missing pokemon, need to trade evolve, exc.
    multiple save files wont change the basic of pokemon, just let you play twice as much, let a friend play their own if they dont own it (which would make them buy it) i left no loop hole, ive shown how this would increase their sales ALOT.

Back