• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Please help me! National dex script

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    Sup poke maniacs! I'm developing a FR rom hack and I need help with the script editing of adding the national dex at the beginning of game. I'd like oak to give it when he gives normal one but I will settle for another person event if need be. I've searched everywhere ad the only info I can find is on pokecommunity ... But the steps I'm following don't seem to work.. Please if you know anything about scripting/hacking please contact me. I will even put you in the credits of my game lol jus someone please help me get this figured out... I've been trying to do so for over 2 wks now and I've ran I to a roadblock.
    Thanks
    Waffahouse

Ps
    My email is [email protected] if we can't get in touch somehow. Once again thanks you if you took the time to read this.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    Thanks for the reply! Your the only person in two wks that responded to me! I've tried that code b4 but maybe I'm not putting it in correctly... Where do I insert it at exactly? And with what tool? Currently I'm using pksv, advanced map, and gen 3 hacking suite
    Thanks again!
    Waffa

iv0

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Thanks for the reply! Your the only person in two wks that responded to me! I've tried that code b4 but maybe I'm not putting it in correctly... Where do I insert it at exactly? And with what tool? Currently I'm using pksv, advanced map, and gen 3 hacking suite
    Thanks again!
    Waffa
    XSE in my opinion is better than pksv. I know nothing about pksv, sorry. The sample script in XSE is:

Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000
    #org @start
    lock
    special 0x16F
    release
    end

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    I've got xse too. Jus really a noob to all this i started rom hacking like 2 wks ago.... So I copy what you wrote... Paste it in xse and then what? I can't compile without poke script right? And I can't seem to find it AnYWHErE online lol sorry for being so noobish lol but after I copy ur code into xse then what? Once again, sorry

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    Also, do I need to go to advanced map first and open oak script and THEN open xse ? Thanks for the help I will add you to my credits to my rom hack hahhahaha
    I am doin it by myself . Self taught lol and nobody has been willing to help me until now. Thanks a lot dude I seriously appreciate it

iv0

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Please help me! National dex script

Follow this and Select XSE.
    Open the offset with XSE, to compile you need to press it

And your new compiled offset appears here:

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    Awsome! Thanks! I'll try now! Oh hey so another (dumb) question I guess.... So step by step what do I do. .. Tell me if I'm wrong on this.... Open advanced map. Select xse as default script editor. Then what exactly do I do? Do I open the oak script (via open script button in advanced map) then copy your code in the original oak script and then compile. And then go back to advanced map and past new offset on oak script? Thanks!

iv0

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I'm not sure, but if what I'm thinking is I think you have to click no. I'm sure you can search in google, because I saw that one guy explaining this, but can not remember what it was.
    you're doing it right, but it may have some problem with the script of the oak in the future.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    So would it be better if I added a new person event to give the nat dex? Instead of using oak? I don't want to cause issues in my rom.... Also, does it matter if I use a script or person event in advanced map? Or does it have to be a person event? Thanks you! I won't attempt any of this until I get confirmation from you. I don't wnna screw anything up

iv0

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    So would it be better if I added a new person event to give the nat dex? Instead of using oak? I don't want to cause issues in my rom.... Also, does it matter if I use a script or person event in advanced map? Or does it have to be a person event? Thanks you! I won't attempt any of this until I get confirmation from you. I don't wnna screw anything up

As you are a beginner you may suddenly do something wrong in the extensive oak script. It is your choice if it is a person event or script tile event. I recommend you read these tutorials:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347
    Can bet, almost all I know about script is there.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    Thanks will do! I'm attempting to edit script for new person event now but there is no script since it's a new event I guess.... It won't let me push open script button. God I'm sorry but could you please help me out with this. I will deff look at that link you have me though lol but I'm right on the cusp of getting this to work hahaha thanks to you of course hahaa what about the dude outside the lab. The fat guy. Can I add the script u gave me to any person event?

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    wow it worked!!!! i wish them pics you slowed me were on google somewhere! LOL! now.... how can i get the npc to say something? cuz i jus walk up o him and it gives me the natdex but he dont say anything...... could you rewrie that script again with the words 'You just obtained National Pokedex!'
    i think if i saw how you insert it it will explain itself to me. thanks guys! deff adding yall to the credits hahahaha saved my rom hack!!!!!!!!!!
    waffa

iv0

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    wow it worked!!!! i wish them pics you slowed me were on google somewhere! LOL! now.... how can i get the npc to say something? cuz i jus walk up o him and it gives me the natdex but he dont say anything...... could you rewrie that script again with the words 'You just obtained National Pokedex!'
    i think if i saw how you insert it it will explain itself to me. thanks guys! deff adding yall to the credits hahahaha saved my rom hack!!!!!!!!!!
    waffa
    I can't do it for you, I can help you but is not so. Look at the tutorial i have passed to you, i'm sorry.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    been reading that thread u sent.... almost like a diff language to me lol it seems really helpful though thanks for that i bookmarked it!!!!!!! i am reading about msgbox and im confused (imagine that lol!) where do i insert it in between? is this what my msgbox should look like..........
    >>>>
    msgbox @Your Pokedex was upgraded!
    <<<<

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    Will this work.....

#dyn 0x740000
    #org @main
    lock
    faceplayer
    message @upgradepokedex
    callstd MSG_NORMAL
    special FR_NATIONAL_DEX
    release
    end

#org @upgradepokedex
    = I'll upgrade your Pokedex for you.

Years
  • I have had edited the Oak's scripts and the pokedex will upgrade automatically when you getting it. An edited script was located at 0xF00000. I give you the patch directly.

Back